something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Denis Sirenko

Quote from: luvsmuzik on April 27, 2018, 08:46:01 AM
Denis Sirenko shared nebula tgc  New seed on basic shape side
I forgot to turn off burst. Next render with stars

This is our Sun in 5 billion years, when it will turn into a red giant and begin to throw off its remains. Cool experiment!

luvsmuzik

Thanks Denis
Quote from: Denis Sirenko on April 27, 2018, 02:36:25 PM
Quote from: luvsmuzik on April 27, 2018, 08:46:01 AM
Denis Sirenko shared nebula tgc  New seed on basic shape side
I forgot to turn off burst. Next render with stars

This is our Sun in 5 billion years, when it will turn into a red giant and begin to throw off its remains. Cool experiment!

You just keep asking the right questions and I shall try to interpret something artsy.  ;)
This starfield is an older tgc at 0.1 scale  The clip has added space dust that I have bypassed in this render. (may add it back in in another render)
My multi color galaxy on left
Denis Sirenko nebula clip (peony pink) on right

So much fun!

Denis Sirenko

Interesting. I wonder what kind of starry *.tgc is used here? Did I understand correctly that these are the stars that Matt and WASasquatch were discussing?

Denis Sirenko

Quote from: luvsmuzik on April 28, 2018, 07:39:52 AM
You just keep asking the right questions and I shall try to interpret something artsy.  ;)

Thank you, Luvsmuzik, but I think you overestimate me. For example, I have not found suitable stars yet. Did I understand correctly that light sources can not be used with populators?

DannyG

Interesting renders, love them
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Denis Sirenko on April 28, 2018, 03:33:54 PM
Interesting. I wonder what kind of starry *.tgc is used here? Did I understand correctly that these are the stars that Matt and WASasquatch were discussing?

There are two actually Denis. I do not remember the authors, but they have been around quite a while. Possible PAChalmers is nebula and stars tgc, https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,2017.msg19724.html#msg19724

Starfield with space dust, not sure.

You replace planet default background with these. You can separate the extra nebulae from the clips to just have stars. I just bypassed final merge and connected star nodes side to a transform input hookup. This goes to the color and luminosity node of default shader in starfield background clip.

I skimmed through their posts, but they talk in terms I do not quite understand. I put a build color function on my star groups. Rendering now, posting soon. :)

I think I read about populating light sources,  Matt said not yet, but someday.

Denis Sirenko

OK, thank you!

I'll be a bore: the nebula for some reason was cut off at the bottom)

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Denis Sirenko on April 29, 2018, 03:32:54 AM
OK, thank you!

I'll be a bore: the nebula for some reason was cut off at the bottom)

Not a bore. I saw that first render of seed 2425 and thought I had clipped it with camera angle. So I tried increasing cloud depth. same issue. Peony pink nebula is a wider cloud radius of same seed and gave me back the fissure type trails.

WAS

The intense reds and yellows almost look like fire. Has anyone ever attempted realistic fire with clouds? Huhm.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: WASasquatch on April 30, 2018, 03:32:35 PM
The intense reds and yellows almost look like fire. Has anyone ever attempted realistic fire with clouds? Huhm.

There are a few campfire, and volcano examples around. I was looking for comet trails and jet plumes yesterday and stumble across some interesting files.  :)