Mountain & trees with snow

Started by Ethrieltd, May 25, 2017, 05:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethrieltd

I'm stuck on the Earth landscapes at the minute. I wanted to try out DandelO's snow shaders and wanted trees with snow....

...I mentioned this to one of my friends and he said "oh, we have Speedtree at work." So I had him save me a tree with snow as a .obj with textures.

I made a quick mountain in World Machine, and polished up my usage of distribution shaders and whanot.

DannyG

Excellent perspective, trees, light and clouds look really good. Mountain peak although very good on it;s own doesn't show well in comparison to the rest of the scene. Still a very nice render
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

DocCharly65

A nice snowy picture. Nice POV and I think I see a DoF too? Good Work!

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Great snow scene...a bit late getting to this as I'm musically distracted by my new guitar.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Ethrieltd

Found the reason there's so much snow...

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Ethrieltd

There's a hidden valley in those snowy mountains...

There in the high clear air...

bobbystahr

Quote from: Ethrieltd on May 29, 2017, 03:59:49 PM

soon hidden won't be necessary up here in the land of mosquitos and snow
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

I like the snow witch most! Cool!

Agura Nata

snowtrees and witch are great cool :)
"Live and Learn!"

DannyG

Quote from: Ethrieltd on May 29, 2017, 12:52:38 PM
Found the reason there's so much snow...

This is very well done, I love the sky color and mood
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

El Kabong

Quote from: Ethrieltd on May 29, 2017, 03:59:49 PM

8)

Ethrieltd

In the spirit of doing stuff that I know nothing about, and the Elsa model I downloaded being rigged, I decided to try and change the model pose in C4D. After fighting the bone rig and a spate of not understanding why the pose reset on saving, for which "current state to object" was the solution, I managed to put her into a better pose.

Emboldened by this I decided to go back and do some more snow stuff, so back to the mountains I went.

I needed to do something else so just above her hand I put a tiny v2 cloud and a light source, masked with an equally tiny SS shader to achieve the "ice magic" effect.

Used DandelO's snow shaders again, but the flat foreground area was a bit plain looking so I added a couple of populations of fake stones to give it a bit more sparkle. Next time I'll probably try playing with the sparkle/translucency layer in the shader itself.

The DOF blur and the falling snow is done in Photoshop, along with my usual vignette.

Oh yeah, the cloak was a lot more transparent in the 3D preview too, you know as to be actually transparent even slightly at all, I dunno what that's about.

So footprints next I think...

Dune

I like the contrast between the almost photographic mountains and the lady. I don't like vignettes, but that's personal.