How to export Terragen 4 to Maya?

Started by TheSpiritOfWA, May 28, 2017, 05:24:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSpiritOfWA

Is there a way to export Terragen 4 to Maya? Thanks.  ;D

Hannes

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D!!!!!

Actually this is not really a very specific question.

Hetzen

;D

I was going to jump back in. You're right the question is too vague. It very much depends on what your scene is.

Oshyan

What do you want to export? Terrain? As a heightfield or geometry? Environment or skybox/spherical panorama for HDRI/IBL? Camera and lighting? There are numerous possibilities, but also some limitations. If your intention is to model something in Terragen then export it to Maya and hope to get similar - or even better - render quality vs. rendering it natively in Terragen, that is probably not the best approach. If you want to export assets for use as hold-outs, shadow-catchers, occlusion, etc. that can work better.

- Oshyan

KlausK

hm, looks like the SpiritOfWA left. Cruising the Potomac River again... ::)
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Lollorenjh

Hi, i'm a cg student, sorry for my bad english.. i'd like to know if it's possible to export geometry from terragen to maya (terrain geometry) .
And even texture and hdr.. many thanks

Oshyan

You can export terrain geometry with the Microexporter, detailed in the documentation here: http://planetside.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Micro_Exporter
I recommend using only a single render thread, which reduces geometry overlap. But you'll still need to do some geometry cleanup in another application.

There is no built-in texture export. You can render a top-down orthographic image as a workaround.

For HDR/IBL/environment map, just make a spherical render (requires the Professional version) and save as EXR. You have the option of 16 or 32 bit per channel high dynamic range data.

- Oshyan

Lollorenjh

Many many thanks for your prompt reply!!!