Elephants

Started by luvsmuzik, June 01, 2017, 08:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DannyG

The tree leave alphas are not set up correctly. Have a look into that, if not take Dune's advice and head over to Xfrog they will have some freebies available. New light looks good for sure
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

luvsmuzik

@Dune I will examine and get after that!
@Danny Thanks for that tip. I wasn't sure what the problem was there. I will do some switching. My branch color may be too dark, adding to the sharpness outline too. This particular tree is really dense, which I wanted to see what increasing sun did, but perhaps my settings are wacko.

Switching back and forth between several scenes,,, another WIP
zebra 3Darchive

bobbystahr

I agree on the improvements, looking much better. Sadly Danny and Dune I suspect a limited pops version in play here so more pops are likely not do-able, and I checked, nada African there. The closest is the Indian Curry Leaf tree. 
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on June 05, 2017, 09:16:57 AM
@Dune I will examine and get after that!
@Danny Thanks for that tip. I wasn't sure what the problem was there. I will do some switching. My branch color may be too dark, adding to the sharpness outline too. This particular tree is really dense, which I wanted to see what increasing sun did, but perhaps my settings are wacko.

Switching back and forth between several scenes,,, another WIP
zebra 3Darchive

Looks good as well except the trees seem awfully small compared to the elephmants and zebra...Get out MrLamposts scale device and check the size of the animals as the trees are likely real size if you haven't scaled them.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

@bobbystahr....yep...I come from the land where elephants live in barns and eat hay....or roam in a realistic playground. I will do some research. Thanks!

Agura Nata

Nice  Elephants and start my friend :)
"Live and Learn!"

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Dragonfire on June 05, 2017, 10:26:03 AM
Nice  Elephants and start my friend :)
Thank you!

luvsmuzik

Increased GI to 2
added merge PF to diffuse on both phants
Power fractal on diffuse palm trunk

Oh yeah this is Dune's basic river setup for TG4, generous share!

bobbystahr

Over all a way better image but the phants are still too dark for my eyes to see any of the work you've done on them..maybe it's my eyes as no one else has mentioned that.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Agura Nata

Quote from: bobbystahr on June 06, 2017, 04:38:43 PM
Over all a way better image but the phants are still too dark for my eyes to see any of the work you've done on them..maybe it's my eyes as no one else has mentioned that.

See it also so
Somewhat brighter would be my friend :)
"Live and Learn!"

Dune

Getting nicer indeed. Some reflected light may be good. Either increase enviro light, or add 2 cards the size of the phants just ahead of them, and make them invisible. They still reflect light. You may have to test distance and lightness of the cards for the best effect.
Also, I would group the fake stones, and if you can spare the objects, add some bunches of high grass at water's edge. I don't know if internal grass is one of max 3 objects, otherwise use that as 'reeds'.

DocCharly65

I agree especially with Ulco's Suggestion about the grass. Some fern could work as well.
But all in all very beautiful where this goes!

luvsmuzik

Picked up a couple rhinos from Alessandro in File Sharing (Other Objects)
WIP for a more complex scene

phants rhinos3.jpg

Dune

Nice start. Now go for the glowing yellow light of African savanna! You need more light in the shadows anyway, so I'd raise GI to begin with (if it's standard render). Perhaps even make it a little yellow and see what that does. Or raise exposure in camera, when doing PT. And/or a faint global haze. And some sandy ground, with dried/yellowed grasses and bush. You can make this into a great render!

WAS

This is cool and those elephants look nice. Rhinos seem to have too much micro disp maybe. They look like they're tweaking the shadows almost looking like fur.