Multiple Masks

Started by J_Con, June 03, 2017, 04:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_Con

Hello All.

Would anyone know the answer to this?

I have two mountains created in WM that have separate erosion masks, to be used as a masking layer in Terragen on the imported height fields.

I have a basic rocky Shader covering the ground, I import the first height field and give the mountain a snowy appearance, then use the erosion mask to allow the rocky Shader underneath to show through towards the top of the mountain.

However, when I import the second height field and apply its mask in a similar fashion, the first mountain gets covered by the snowy layer of the second mountain.

How do I achieve multiple masked areas in a single scene?

Thanks.

Dune

J_Con

Thank you Ulco for the reply.

I have been lurking around the forum for a few months now and have been able to find answers to most of the problems I have encountered. For this issue I had been looking for a Masks solution instead of a Heightfield solution. I will follow the path you mentioned.

I have examined quite a few of the files you have uploaded to the forum and a lot of them are beyond my current comprehension. Hopefully that will change.

Thanks again.

Regards
Joe.

Dune

I hope so too, TG is great fun!

You can use a mask (Simple shape shader) the size of the heightfield too of course, to mask out/in any separate textures from one heightfield.