More noise.

Started by dorianvan, June 04, 2017, 12:45:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

It's very strange indeed. Every hypothesis I had - from opacity maps to specular to displacement and more - proved incorrect. Matt is thinking about this now too though and I think he'll know better than anyone. But I can definitely say this issue seems abnormal and so I can only assume it has *something* to do with these specific objects (i.e. geometry) and/or their texturing.

- Oshyan

dorianvan

Thanks. Really it's always been an issue with animation. I usually just get to a lesser level of noise and live with it. I believe I sent Matt the gathered folder too. Let me know if anything comes of it.
-Dorian

dorianvan

Here's a clean render without any low clouds. Noise is greatly reduced so I'm happy semi-happy now. There is a bit of noise on the hill. Settings were det .5/aa12/9minSamp/pnt of .025/cubic B-Spline/soft shadows off/cache of every 10 with blend of 5. Rendering time was between 1 hr and 1hr,20mins (rendered at 720p).
-Dorian

Oshyan

That's not bad at all. I don't even see the noise on the hill actually, though I trust it's there.

- Oshyan

dorianvan

It's hard to see with the greatly reduced size and quality. But the trees do look pretty good. The pyramid changes color a bit at the beginning probably due to not enough GI padding (.25), but I may just do some stills of that area and camera map in max, which would reduce rendering time of ground and atmosphere.
-Dorian