Free Version Library - Question

Started by OldFlak, June 09, 2017, 08:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldFlak

Hi all :)

So I have downloaded the free version of TG4. Now I may be missing something obvious when it comes to adding grass\trees etc, but I just don't seam to be able to find where they are located.

Aside from any projects I have created, the library is completely bare. So do these have to be downloaded from somewhere? Or am I just being a noob, and not going to the right place to find them?

EDIT: I should add that I did try to search for items in the Library it self, but it just seamed to do nothing.

Thanks for any input....

OldFlak....
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Dune

I can't tell you much about the library, as I don't use it myself. My method is to make a Library folder (or more) where you keep all your assets (trees, grasses, etc) in handy to find subfolders. Keep that folder there, don't change names or location later, and that would be your main library. Then if you find or buy an object put it there, and load from TG. If an obj, you can save as native tgo after you've changed the internal network to your liking, and save at same location (is what I do).
I think you can set preferences to fill your TG library (which is a different thing from that Library folder) every time you load something, but someone else will tell you.

OldFlak

Thanks Dune, tis good to know that can be done, I much prefer my own folder setups, makes it much easier for backup\restore purposes, as well as easier to organise my own custom content.

OldFlak
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Oshyan

There is a starter set of Terragen resources that you can download separately and add to the library. You can find those here:
http://planetside.co.uk/free-downloads/terragen-presets-pack-volume1/

Terragen doesn't copy your imported assets to any specific location, so you can use both a folder system of your own choice, and the built-in Library function. You just use the Scan function in the Terragen library to scan whole folders and import them in their current locations.

- Oshyan

OldFlak

Thanks Oshyan,
yeah I feel real noobish and lazy for this post, found other posts for the same issue just after posting this one, even came across a video that explained a bit about the library  :-[ - just couldn't find the downloads, so thanks for the link.

OldFlak....