Floating around

Started by mhaze, June 11, 2017, 10:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

Inspired by rene's idea of using perlin and alpine shaders subtracted.  Balloon by PhilC a freebie on renderosity.

Dune

Nice. Is it a wip or final?

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

mhaze

It's an experiment and I will continue to explore the idea but this one is finished for now

DocCharly65

Very nice!
Before laying it in the stock for finished WIPs perhaps one with a denser atmosphere? Could be interesting.

bobbystahr

Very nice, I had a play around with this as well but you got way luckier with your seeds.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

mhaze

Thanks all,  Bobby, it's a bit more than just the seeds I've added some columnar rock and the noise variation in the perlin fractal is set ridiculously high! here'e another one - not finished yet but I like it VP more.

Dune

Nice as well. But I'd play more with population patches. Extreme noise variation can be very cool. Any extreme can be cool!

mhaze

Yeah, I agree about the veg - its the generic tree that comes with TG. have you any improvement suggestions?

Dune

Maybe lower the cam so you look from ground, and put trees in some dense clumps. Like you're looking across an alpine meadow. So for the rest, open grassy and rocky, some bushes. Less haze, or make the haze whispy, coming from the lakes.
I'd also increase global illumination a bit, so shadows are more lit up.

René

The (inverted) alpine fractal shader can give very cool results, the trick is to use a terrain with very little roughness, or alternatively, you could use a terrain with very high small scale settings.

luvsmuzik

Love this! Your images are wonderful.

bobbystahr

I see the columnars more in the lower shot, I'd do just as Dune says...I always try and sometimes succeed, heh heh heh...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

You can add something like this to René's setup for interesting results. Fun to play with.