So, I made a girl band or a bit of random MakeHuman testing...

Started by Ethrieltd, June 11, 2017, 09:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethrieltd

Playing around with MakeHuman and C4D for posing models.

I made a few models and put them in a studio in C4D and tweaked the poses a little, it's getting easier but sometimes envisioning the correct bone/joint movement is a trip...

...I'll probably get round to integrating people into more Terragen scenes eventually.

Dune

The girl on her knees has done it for too long, I suppose  :P Otherwise, good idea to use some people in renders.

Ethrieltd

Quote from: Dune on June 12, 2017, 02:03:32 AM
The girl on her knees has done it for too long, I suppose  :P Otherwise, good idea to use some people in renders.

Yea, somewhat "sharp" points on the front of the knees. I did notice, I just couldn't be bothered trying to smooth the mesh on this occasion. I selected it in point edit mode and on seeing the number of adjustable points (there were many) I decided to leave it this time.

If MakeHuman gets more content I think it could be very useful, it's a bit lacking in the clothes/hair dept at the minute.

So, in conclusion, if you are interested in human models for use in Terragen and you haven't tried it out then give it a look...

...and if you're a modeller get making clothes for that library!

cyphyr

Regarding the missing clothes do take a look at Marvellous Designer. 30 Day full unrestricted demo. Export fully enabled. Pretty self explanatory interface and great results.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Ethrieltd

Quote from: cyphyr on June 12, 2017, 11:49:20 AM
Regarding the missing clothes do take a look at Marvellous Designer. 30 Day full unrestricted demo. Export fully enabled. Pretty self explanatory interface and great results.

I had it a LONG time ago back in the days of Poser 5 but trying to use it on my 15" CRT was endurance trial. I'll have to have a look at how it behaves now I have a monitor you can actually see.

jaf

$720 USD per year seems a bit high unless you are in the business of creating content.
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

Ethrieltd

Quote from: jaf on June 12, 2017, 11:30:12 PM
$720 USD per year seems a bit high unless you are in the business of creating content.

If I was gonna use it for an extended period but didn't think it was worth the cash, then it would be simple (and legal?) to install it in a VM and reset the image after 29 days. I don't think it would be too much trouble to do it not being a major part of the workflow.

You can actually get a perpetual licence for $550 according to the pricing models on the website, which I don't suppose is too bad. So if it ended up being used a lot it might be worth buying to not work in a VM.

cyphyr

Well I'm seeing a $550 perpetual license. Still pricey I agree. But as part of an evolving toolset I am considering it
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Dune

As a sideline; if you reset the image, won't the app still read the actual date on the machine? I'm pretty sure it would.

Ethrieltd

Quote from: Dune on June 13, 2017, 03:31:29 AM
As a sideline; if you reset the image, won't the app still read the actual date on the machine? I'm pretty sure it would.

Hadn't thought about it that far, but for that there's a program called RunAsDate, which considering my previous shady behaviour would deal with that or there's a trick with the disabling of the timesync service. Although now this is getting dangerously close to something that it's not.

I would buy it if it became a real part of my workflow proper, but for a few one off's now and again...

Dune

Yes, it's gotta be worth the investment, or you have to be wealthy enough.