Tidal area, some time ago...

Started by Dune, June 16, 2017, 12:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dorianvan

Hilarious. Nice detail everywhere, even his dried muddy feet.
-Dorian

zaxxon

The grassy vegetation is superb, lots of very subtle work in this image!

bobbystahr

Awesome and that guys expression is worth 1000000 words...Nils is right, you've been over exposed heh heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Still bothered by his son's toy plane, father led the way across a vast dried riverbed near the mountains, and finally Henderson spotted some reindeer...

As a sidenote: I am trying to get these clothes a bit nicer, and saw in some Far Cry stills that they wore the skins inside out. Nice idea. I don't know how scientifically accurate that is, though.

DocCharly65

A really good work on the cloth ad the skin!

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on June 25, 2017, 02:26:58 AM
As a sidenote: I am trying to get these clothes a bit nicer, a

well the stitched together leather is first rate for sure, like the hairy hide as well.....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

ajcgi

The fur and hair are just spot on!
I liked your initial black and white treatment. It reminds me of Ingmar Bergman's The Seventh Seal, a quite extraordinary piece of cinema.
I always think of you as the guy that's incredibly good at flat marshes and sea. The details...

Dune

Thanks. Then here's another B&W version. They didn't have color film back then anyway  ;)

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Quote from: Dune on June 29, 2017, 11:15:26 AM
Thanks. Then here's another B&W version. They didn't have color film back then anyway  ;)

Why didn't you say anything... Last year I threw away some old kodak films ;D

Dune

DocCharly65

Wow thats nice!

Funny thing... the berea aurealis makes the picture looking like a VR picture on first sight :)

Dune

Well, it is a VR image. Watch it in some app. I have to work on the ice though, it's only a wip.