Render Artifact

Started by NWsenior07, September 14, 2007, 11:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWsenior07

I'm working on this file and when I render the image as a whole I get a massive artifact in the atmo. However, if I simply crop out the bottom third of the image, it works fine. Suggestions?

rcallicotte

I can see another line at the very top.  My experienced guess is that you have something out of the ordinary in either size or configuration of a displacement.  Check your sizes.  Lower them to zero (while writing your original values on a piece of paper for reference) one by one and you'll likely find the culprit.  Start with the large numbers.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

NWsenior07

Thats the thing, I don't have any real displacements in the terrain. I have two power fractals and If I get rid of one the terrain is completely different. And I wouldn't expect the terrain to effect the atmo. I have someone's (I forget who's) cracked stone clip in there and when I turn it off, the artifact only gets worse So I'm not sure whats going on with it.

rcallicotte

You could submit the TGD to the troubleshooting section.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

NWsenior07

I Think I'm going to actually.

Oshyan

Do you have any displacement on your objects? Does it still show up if you disable all objects?

- Oshyan

NWsenior07

I actually found it, it was in the displacement function I was using on the fake stones ( I forget at the moment whose clip file it was though). I'm using this image as a proof of concept if you will for the monthly contest on Ashundar. I wanted some practice with this kind of ground cover etc before starting the real thing. Volker might have found the problem in the displacements but I'm rendering at the moment so I can't confirm it.