More Columnar

Started by luvsmuzik, June 27, 2017, 12:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

Columnar Rock file share by mhaze....one of my favorites...
Increase small and tiny displacements in surface layers
Change scale and seed

More experimenting...someday I will add some trees, etc...

DocCharly65

Go on playing with it! Nice Start!

bobbystahr

Both very nice iterations...keep on tweaking...yer onna roll!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Cloud stuff, low sunrise...as always WIP

Sunrise showed a nice path, but it would be a long walk......

luvsmuzik

Still renders in 40 minutes.
Increase quality on haze....to do...now at 50

KlausK

hi, luvsmuzik.
The lower part of "sunrise strata 2" has the right size for the vertical structures, imo.
Embedded in a major other rock structure (smaller, rougher) this could be a more diverse and interesting view, I can imagine.
Using it on a complete hill/mountain-side is a bit too much for my taste.
Keep tweaking.
Cheers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

luvsmuzik

@ KlausK..Thank you for the suggestions. Everyday I try something, so I will dissect the displacements to see if I can mask some of it out I understand what you are saying. I barely know what I do, but don't mind trying :)

Here I tried a little homemade lodge and going up and away for a more realistic vantage point. I will build on this view for awhile yet.

Edit,,,,I see I should scale my trees larger or dwelling smaller. I am using scale for urban trees rather than true forest scale maybe. Watching a few films lately.....I have dwarf trees... ;D

luvsmuzik

Checking....atmo at 3, sun at 15..just for the heck of it. ;D

bobbystahr

Interesting,  good test.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Quote from: bobbystahr on July 07, 2017, 08:40:52 AM
Interesting,  good test.
Thanks bobby!
Not extremely happy with this, but it is a different POV and scale trial. I masked some of the stone coverage here also. It looks a little too painterly to me now but I will keep tweaking. :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on July 11, 2017, 12:42:38 PM
Quote from: bobbystahr on July 07, 2017, 08:40:52 AM
Interesting,  good test.
Thanks bobby!
Not extremely happy with this, but it is a different POV and scale trial. I masked some of the stone coverage here also. It looks a little too painterly to me now but I will keep tweaking. :)

Y know, printed on a canvas textured paper this would look lovely for all the painterlyness
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

I go to these file shares again and again for help with the node setup. Someday I may just surprise myself and make my own.....
mhaze and Dune...nodes for rock formations, thanks guys!

luvsmuzik

More modifications of this great file share by mhaze
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,23444.msg237239.html#msg237239

I changed the terrain seed in clouds 2 and maybe tweaked the altitude, coverage, and cloud height a bit here and there. Preview was taking 7 minutes, so I lowered coverage, leaving voxel settings. lighting, etc as is.
Render time clouds2, with cumulus clouds 3:44:12
Terrain without clouds renders in about 30 minutes or less.
micro 0.6 and AA 4.
I am also enhancing displacement and color on most PFs, don't know if this applies with free version? But I am pretty happy anyhow. :)