More Columnar

Started by luvsmuzik, June 27, 2017, 12:16:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

....one ridge over.....
Change one little powerfractal color...just messin' :)

Dune

Your grass seems to be floating in front of the rockwall. Did you set a slope restraint and rotate to ground?

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Dune on September 04, 2017, 01:35:52 am
Your grass seems to be floating in front of the rockwall. Did you set a slope restraint and rotate to ground?

You are probably correct. I was using the moss object to imitate leafy vines. Scale is probably too large and not anchored right for closeups. I will work on a fix. Thanks!

As you can see the whole terrain has a few issues.

luvsmuzik

Trying to add foliage.

Second set is test of node system on new terrain.

luvsmuzik

I think my unit said...."I have noooo idea, do you?"...and did this. :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on September 08, 2017, 04:08:26 pm
I think my unit said...."I have noooo idea, do you?"...and did this. :)

How the heck did you get upside down strata? Very interesting image.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

September 10, 2017, 02:02:47 am #37 Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 02:43:28 am by Dune
Bobby: if you do a lateral displacement (after compute terrain) and then a strata shader, you get overhanging strata as well.

Something simple like this (even without compute terrain) as a start.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Dune on September 10, 2017, 02:02:47 am
Bobby: if you do a lateral displacement (after compute terrain) and then a strata shader, you get overhanging strata as well.

That must be what happened above. ^^^ The original file share did not have compute terrain nodes and I stuck some in there. :) I just am fiddling changing terrain seed and scalar and scalar seed, displacement strength etc.

Here is today's experiment. :)

luvsmuzik

Before and after....issues, issues...
I tried to put a low pink haze on this and the calcified rock is a little too strong....WIP
Still rendering in 40 minutes or so with two atmospheres and haze.

bobbystahr

Ulco...had a hour or so with this before the gig last night and it's wonderfully adaptable to the Bobby Mind...thanks again...will post something when I get a final...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Speaking of lichen....
Quite by accident I hit upon this with a lateral displacement. My rock wall resembles tree bark I think. Going to try this on a tree object and see what happens. :)

bobbystahr

September 12, 2017, 02:59:46 am #42 Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 08:33:21 pm by bobbystahr

here's where I took it Ulco and thanks again. Lovely water by Ade shared over on facebook. Still a bit lo res. C&C please.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Overhang tgd. with clouds and haze, render time 40 minutes 0.6 detail, AA4. Thank you for that setup! More to explore!

Dune

September 13, 2017, 01:57:55 am #44 Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 02:51:45 am by Dune
Is that bleached out effect on purpose? You don't really see any overhangs now.

EDIT: I'll add some stuff to this setup for you to play; see file share later.