More Columnar

Started by luvsmuzik, June 27, 2017, 12:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Very fun. I love the columnar carved into the cliffs, it doesn't look like it creates too much jaggyness. Perhaps some slope limitations on the whole strata group could help localize strata better.

DocCharly65

Quote from: WASasquatch on October 25, 2018, 11:23:24 PM
Very fun. I love the columnar carved into the cliffs, it doesn't look like it creates too much jaggyness. Perhaps some slope limitations on the whole strata group could help localize strata better.

Dito :)

Anyway very nice structures.
Perhaps also some slightly less noticeable clouds such as feather clouds?

luvsmuzik

Thanks all!
Before I start messing with the strata limits, here is a close up view.....
15 minute render....nice! This file is standard render 0.6mpd, 6AA

Still derived from mhaze Cliff Study file share. https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,25844.msg256433.html#msg256433

luvsmuzik

The terrace effect. I really like how this strata makes the terraces here. :)

mhaze

Nice work - looking forward to seeing where this goes.

luvsmuzik

Thanks mhaze. I hope you don't mind that I reseed the terrain and fiddle some, as I am very sketchy at setting up the nodes myself. I think this tests your setups and usually works pretty well for me. I am also learning to look at all tabs for displacement closely, especially those surface layer ones we often forget about. ;)

DocCharly65

Nice again.

I am 100% sure if you look around long enough, you'll find landscapes like these somewhere e.g. in China. I think I've even seen landscapes like these.

luvsmuzik

Went back and dug this out again....this time I played with the intersect underlying in Effects on the surface layer 04 of mhaze file share Cliff Study.  This version is also path traced. Copper deposits.

Cliff Study_lcplay 12b.jpg

WAS

The new shape looks really cool compared to the last. Also really dig the colouring of the stone.

Dune

Yes, this is a great rock, looks very realistic. The lower part needs a lot more veggies though, or more patched anyway. Some tight clumps of trees, and shrub would do nicely. Some grasses between rock if you can get low to ground in foreground.

DocCharly65

Impressive rock! Great!

luvsmuzik

This time path traced with robust rendering and better color continuity on surface layers for rock color. Some grass added but not a lot of vegetation, this area is recovering from earlier mining....

Cliff Study_lcplay 18 robustb.jpg