Sunspot

Started by luvsmuzik, June 28, 2017, 10:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

Going crazy today trying this and that.
Basic fractal terrain and lake.
Three hour render, Easy cloud but 3500 depth and coverage 0.7. Atmo at 4.
Thanks bobbystahr for the push to do some clouds.

b&c I ran through image editor for a kick.

DocCharly65

Nice clouds! Like!

luvsmuzik

Thanks Doc!
Version 2, literally....altitude 8000, depth 2500, density 0.01, coverage adjust -0.225. Quality 1 and acceleration cache at highest detail. Did nothing to the density fractal.

Render time right at 2 hours. includes water at high reflection

bobbystahr

Nice tests, really like the single render...for that scene the reflection on the water could be turned down a bit as it doesn't really add to the image...that'd save time.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Thanks bobby! This is loosely based on your Shapes Galore image, but I do not have any of the objects you used so I didn't try your file share. I was also puzzled by Lady of the Lake's long render time. I have an older unit too that sometimes gets bogged by some little trickery I try.

I will probably remove the water and try some objects to see what happens.... :) I can render overnite, but I get soooo impatient, hehe. ;D

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on June 29, 2017, 09:28:50 AM
Thanks bobby! This is loosely based on your Shapes Galore image, but I do not have any of the objects you used so I didn't try your file share. I was also puzzled by Lady of the Lake's long render time. I have an older unit too that sometimes gets bogged by some little trickery I try.

I will probably remove the water and try some objects to see what happens.... :) I can render overnite, but I get soooo impatient, hehe. ;D

all the objects I used are free from XFROG  or Dune's NWDA  grass freebies, 1 tree and 2 grasses on the shapes
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Tried this file share idyl, replaced the trees....MGebhart RedOak.tgo
Next render, add second cloud layer and new POV

bobbystahr

Great start, as you seem intent on moving it forward.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Well, I really wanted to do this on FB as me, but I do not know about if you have to credit all the objects each time? I guess you could....
That is a lot easier for me to share with family, even though I can just grab 'em and load 'em on a USB stick...but still...