Rockpool...

Started by dandelO, September 23, 2007, 08:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonshine777

Quote from: dandelO on September 24, 2007, 02:59:37 PM
No no, I think I might have confused people here in my wording of my last post.

I meant, the first image in this thread is the current final textured, version 3.

The second one I posted here (in my last comment, with the 'plastic' stones) was version 2, to show the comparison to what it was before.

Sonshine: Yes I've posted it at TN! Lol, you've already voted on it BEFORE posting here to ask if it was uploaded there! Lol! ;)

It's been a long day, I was up at 4:00 went down to the shop where I have been working on the canoes to put a coat of epoxy on one of the paddles so I can work on it tonight after work. I don't think I was fully functioning when I commented earlier. ;D

Plus have you been having problems posting comments for images on Terranuts?

dandelO

No probs posting messages, no. The layout and buttons are a little different in the galleries I noticed but I've not had any problems. Maybe just a little buggy in the transition?
Im missing the zoom in effect from the gallery fullsize views though. :(

TarsTarkus

Nice subject and composition. Excellent color mapping on the rocks. Works wonders with Sonshine777's wet/dry shader - creating the illusion of algal growth on the underwater portion of the rocks. This is very convincing indeed. The texturing is much better on your latest image. This conveys a more natural feeling of age and weathering on the surface of the stones. I have to agree with Calico though. Several of the above-water rocks have troubling geometry to them. I Just don't see this formation of rock occur naturally, especially given its immediate environment. This causes a slight disconnect from what i find otherwise to be a very aesthetically pleasing and convincing image. Nice work!