The Fayre

Started by mhaze, July 02, 2017, 05:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

This all began when I started to play and analyze Dune's road files.  Moving the road to a location is difficult as moving it warps and therefore changes the landscape.  To some extent one can move the landscape rather than the road but this too will change the landscape.  So with a lot of tweaking and pressing the magic button I got this landscape which was crying out for a village, boats and a castle! I added some veg, the heather is procedural but I think the trees probably need more tweaking.

DocCharly65

Oh wow!
This must have cost months of patience! Absolutely great.

Call Peter Jackson... there should be another part of The Hobbit :)

KlausK

Great scenery!
Perhaps a little something on the flat top left mountain, wooden tower or signal fire or something.
Cheers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

mhaze

Cheers All! KlausK,  great idea I've even modelled a signal fire!  I've made some changes to the rocks so I'll ad it in.  The models BTW are from renderosity!

masonspappy

Really like the layout of this. well done!

Kadri

Reminds me a little about Skyrim :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: mhaze on July 02, 2017, 12:24:06 PM
The models BTW are from renderosity!

Just so, thought they looked familiar...Love this scene and have naught to add but my admiration for your patience. Well done.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

fleetwood

Great scene, like it a lot.

Dune

I love it. Hobbitlike, indeed. Great job on the placement of stuff as well.

J_Con

Great work. The sense of scale is excellent. Lots of eye candy, I found my eyes darting around looking for things to inspect. I would love to see a camera fly down into that landscape.

Well done.

mhaze