Hillside Stairs

Started by masonspappy, July 02, 2017, 06:54:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

masonspappy

Haven't posted images in a while. Too much life going on....
Nothing special here. Simple landscape and no experimentation.
Just wanted to sit down and play with my artwork.

mhaze

Very nicely done - needs a cat or two!

luvsmuzik

Love the setting! Great natural vegetation mix. I like how you have added the hillside stairs and wall.

DocCharly65

Beautiful!
If I can still walk stairs then I 'd like to live in such a home after retirement :)

KlausK

Beautiful scene!
The only thing I would try to put some more time into is the structure of the step stones.
I don`t know but I think it`s either too big or too small somehow.
In any way a nice place to be, for sure.
Cheers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

masonspappy

Thanks all for your comments. Very much appreciate it.
@KlausK,  My wife (one of my fiercest critics) agreed about the steps.  She also pointed out the windows were perfectly clean and there were no curtains hung up.   ::)

Kadri

Looks good.
Subjective maybe but i would point the camera a little higher. The centre looks like the steps.
It feels a little cropped right now to me.
Then maybe even a barely seen mountain on the very far right side?

DocCharly65

Quote from: masonspappy on July 02, 2017, 11:38:01 AM
Thanks all for your comments. Very much appreciate it.
@KlausK,  My wife (one of my fiercest critics) agreed about the steps.  She also pointed out the windows were perfectly clean and there were no curtains hung up.   ::)

I saw that with the curtains too - but I didn't want to say anything because I knew from another render that your wife would surely say somthing about that ;D

bobbystahr

I like this very much but agree with your wife re: curtains, or maybe furnishings showing would be my no curtain path. I like the way you resolved putting a building on an uneven terrain with all the brickwork...good trick that.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Nice work! I like the ground veggies most, but the whole setting is very well done. I do have my reservations about the windows too; there also seems a weird reflection or hole in the sidewall behind it in the upper right big window. It's not correct somehow. Better dirty it up or something.
The stairs have a bit of a weird color IMHO, and I would add some flattish fakestones to it, or at least texture it procedurally in world space (like concrete). Even perhaps set it to displacement instead of RT rendering, for any fake stones to be effective.

bobbystahr

Quote from: masonspappy on July 02, 2017, 06:54:44 AM
Haven't posted images in a while. Too much life going on....
Nothing special here. Simple landscape and no experimentation.
Just wanted to sit down and play with my artwork.

masonspappy, did you build the model or find it online? Either was is the any way I can get it to use?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

masonspappy

Quote from: bobbystahr link=topic=23321.msg236188#msg236188 date

masonspappy, did you build the model or find it online? Either was is the any way I can get it to use?
/quote]

Hey Bobby, you mean the model of the house?  I build that in blender and will be happy to share with you.

bobbystahr

Quote from: masonspappy on July 03, 2017, 10:21:19 AM
Quote from: bobbystahr link=topic=23321.msg236188#msg236188 date

/quote]

Hey Bobby, you mean the model of the house?  I build that in blender and will be happy to share with you.

very cool thanks. send to:
bstar@mts.net   would be best unless you're putting it in File Sharing.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

masonspappy

Thanks folks for the guidance. I like this version a lot better.
Sadly the windows are still clean. Still haven't figured out how to dirty them up.
@BobbyStahr: the house model (in TGO format) is in the file sharing section. Let me now if you have any trouble with it.
- Cam

bobbystahr

Quote from: masonspappy on July 08, 2017, 01:06:53 PM
Thanks folks for the guidance. I like this version a lot better.
@BobbyStahr: the house model (in TGO format) is in the file sharing section. Let me now if you have any trouble with it.
- Cam

WOO HOO, Best solution that hadn't dawned on me....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New