The Journey

Started by Artofgp, July 05, 2017, 10:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artofgp

Here's my first final render (besides all the past few scenes that didn't end up being finalized)! I have been going through Geekatplay's tutorials which are quite good I have to say. I wanted to create something simple for my first scene and thought of a group of survivors journeying across a snowy mountain.

I did end up fixing it up quite a bit in photoshop.

I am really looking forward to complex scenes once I have the hang of Terragen.

Any critiques would be appreciated.

Dune

Wonderful and epic first TG scene! The sense of scale is great, use of clouds too. I certainly hope to see more of your work.

luvsmuzik

Great resolution on cloud cover! Excellent render!

J_Con

Excellent.
The thumbnails reminded me of Mann's planet from interstellar. On closer inspection of the characters it reminded me of Rura Penthe. The crevasse/valley and general scale looks intimidating. The Blues and whites contrast well against each other with no real dead shadowy areas.
Great job.

Artofgp

Quote from: Dune on July 06, 2017, 02:15:59 AM
Wonderful and epic first TG scene! The sense of scale is great, use of clouds too. I certainly hope to see more of your work.

Thank you, Dune! I also hope to see more of your work :)

Quote from: J_Con on July 06, 2017, 09:42:21 AM
Excellent.
The thumbnails reminded me of Mann's planet from interstellar. On closer inspection of the characters it reminded me of Rura Penthe. The crevasse/valley and general scale looks intimidating. The Blues and whites contrast well against each other with no real dead shadowy areas.
Great job.

Ha now that you mention it, yeah it kinda does. The world of Planet Azerath is a mysterious Earth-like alien planet waiting to be discovered! Thanks you, J_Con!

Thanks, everyone!