Preset Planet with asteroid rings

Started by luvsmuzik, July 08, 2017, 01:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

Terragen presets volume I

Found this file to expore and added the nebula and stars tgc by pachalmars.
Very interesting setup. Planet full of craters, lots of fun!
I bypassed the color functions in the node setup of the nebula and went with just red.

I may try to add another atmosphere to the planet with next experiment...

luvsmuzik

Thanks Kadri! My first render of the tgd was monochrome gray. While maybe accurate, I decided to delve into this further. Is it just me, or maybe the setup? I bypassed the color adjust and saturation set up and gave the planet back some color.

I am sure those nodes are there for a reason, but I was checking for masking and other little tweaks. :)

yossam

The large impact crater looks like Fred Flintstones' head........... :o

luvsmuzik

Quote from: yossam on July 08, 2017, 06:19:58 PM
The large impact crater looks like Fred Flintstones' head........... :o

Yogi bear! 'Sup Boo Boo?  Guess I need to adjust those colors a little differently :)

bobbystahr

Wonderful render...outer space seems to suit you well...another space cadet? hee hee hee
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Quote from: bobbystahr on July 09, 2017, 07:51:56 AM
Wonderful render...outer space seems to suit you well...another space cadet? hee hee hee

Thanks bobby!
It's a little hard not to look up at the sky living where I do. Can't tell ya how many times I thought a jet was gonna land on the roof of my car. heh

Fixed the crater.

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on July 09, 2017, 08:24:23 AM
Quote from: bobbystahr on July 09, 2017, 07:51:56 AM

Thanks bobby!
It's a little hard not to look up at the sky living where I do. Can't tell ya how many times I thought a jet was gonna land on the roof of my car. heh

Fixed the crater.

Mo bettah
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

These are some quick renders, less than an hour (free version) with the Terragen presets tgd Nebula complete scene. Six or seven cloud layers and 8 or so light sources
Additional post work with an old PS filter sparkles and blur, a little gamma and color curves adjust.
(Lost in Space  :) )

inkydigit

Super creative planetary renders! I love the storm one too!

luvsmuzik

Here are some more camera angles from Terragen nebula preset package
Some post work on some of them....for that painterly look :)

bobbystahr

cool experiments...must get out to space soon...only way someone my age ever will is digitally
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Jo Kariboo

Nice variety of experimentation. I had not seen his images yet, being away several months from the forum.