Promised Land

Started by mhaze, July 09, 2017, 06:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

Experiments with all sorts of things - especially compute patch size, here it's 8 and columnar rock.

masonspappy

The clouds don't do a lot for me, but the terrain  is fantastic.

bobbystahr

Awesome scene and for me the clouds rock...I like the scattered water in the mid distance as well, adds a nice jewel like effect to the scene. Good one man!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Your images are always awesome! Reminiscent of TG generate terrain in the old days except way better detail!
Thanks for adding vegetation, great scale example for me that cannot compute metric terrain scale very well. Yes I have the app, but the artistic side says.............HUH?

DannyG

I like it for sure Mick, I would try some moodier light, bit darker/mordor like
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

mhaze

Thanks all. A moodier version would be interesting!

J_Con

Nice piece of work.
Looks like its somewhere between The Shire and Mordor. The rock looks very natural and the valley looks like it is inhabited...cool. The tree and moss to the left in the foreground are a nice detail. Excellent work.

Oshyan

Oh wow, that background sharp mountain spire is fantastic! The rest of the rocks too. The cloud in front of the mountain has an oddly soft, undetailed, almost 2D look to it. Other than that I love this.

- Oshyan

mhaze

Thanks Oshyan.  I had a lot of trouble finding any clouds I liked with this - guess I'll have to try again!

ajcgi

It's like a reaaally sunny day in Mordor. Like it!