Angle from a reference vector

Started by bigben, July 10, 2017, 10:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

Excellent! Some interesting dithering artifacts at the top of the image though. Was that in the render, or due to post processing?

- Oshyan

bigben

Quote from: Ariel DK on July 15, 2017, 12:42:00 PM
I almost missed this topic. as an idea, it's also useful for recreate the Ionosphere

... and this is exactly why I share my clips... seeing someone else find a good use for them :)

Change the vector to the poles and add auroras or other latitude-based masking.  All you need for each different latitude restriction is a new colour adjust node from the output to set the limits.

bobbystahr

...once again, I love this forum....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Ariel DK

I formatted my PC a few days ago, saying this

@ Oshyan: yes, is PW. I finally buy PS cc v.18 yesterday, but the jpeg module was bad configurated, the original tiff is much more detailed

@ bigben: this scene already contains auroras  ;) i will make a render test now, but gonna be slow, because for now im only dedicating 512 mb for VRAM
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

hydrodigger

This works very well. Awesome work! Thank you so much!  :D
- Chuck, Director of Technology
Gear: Alienware Area-51 R5 & Alienware Area-51m
Focus: Civil Engineering, GIS, CAD, VR/AR, Cartography

Valri

I wonder if this can be used to mask GI and AO on the side of a planet where the direct light is on, I've often wanted GI and AO only on the dayside of my planets but never could figure out how to do this.
Put that in your pipeline and smoke it!

Dune

You could try plugging that mask into the shadow function of the atmo (theoretically).

Valri

Quote from: Dune on October 19, 2020, 02:20:37 AMYou could try plugging that mask into the shadow function of the atmo (theoretically).
Was this in response to what I asked?
Put that in your pipeline and smoke it!

Dune

WAS

I thiiink if you use a sphere with same final position terrain and have cast shadows off it will look far more flat in light/shadow. You could have it a sphere of the same size as planet and offset it by just enough to mask that side of the planet maybe. Using same disp and colour it should bend fairly well. Better if GISD is off. Would be cool if the image effect was able to read intersected terrain as one thing to prevent shaded lines at intersections.

Dune

Perhaps an invisible huge plane transecting the planet, giving of just a shadow...

WAS

Quote from: Valri on October 19, 2020, 01:11:09 AMI wonder if this can be used to mask GI and AO on the side of a planet where the direct light is on, I've often wanted GI and AO only on the dayside of my planets but never could figure out how to do this.

Posted an example of what I envisioned here: https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,28834.new.html

Victorpks

Quote from: Ariel DK on July 15, 2017, 12:42:00 PMI almost missed this topic. as an idea, it's also useful for recreate the Ionosphere
Hello,
I saw your post creating the Ionosphere of the earth on the darkside ? How can i do it please ?
I tried with 2 differents atmosphere but i dont know how to mix them.
Do you have a technique to mix them or maybe i'm wrong  please ?

Thank you in advance.

Ariel DK

Quote from: Victorpks on May 25, 2023, 03:25:52 PM
Quote from: Ariel DK on July 15, 2017, 12:42:00 PMI almost missed this topic. as an idea, it's also useful for recreate the Ionosphere
Hello,
I saw your post creating the Ionosphere of the earth on the darkside ? How can i do it please ?
I tried with 2 differents atmosphere but i dont know how to mix them.
Do you have a technique to mix them or maybe i'm wrong  please ?
Thank you in advance.
Hi Victorpks! Sorry the late response. the ionosphere is quite simple: it was just a very thiny high altitude cloud layer. i plugged the setup into a colo adjust node, then, into a final density modulator in the cloud node, and played with the values. Make sure your angle vector is the same your sun "elevation" angle. Unfortunatelly i couldnt find the tgc files in my PC
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?