Gone for a drive. Ran out of gas/time. May contain DMC.

Started by ajcgi, July 11, 2017, 05:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajcgi

Hi all,

So today I finally got around to opening the files of an old friend of mine. This DMC-12 model was something I worked on for weeks back in 2006, believe it or not. Having persuaded Softimage now was indeed the time to continue, I got it set up with a few new UVs and Arnold shaders. Most of this has come across correctly into Terragen to my surprise, bar the shaders themselves of course which are all default parts shaders until I get round to tweaking them. The rest of the scene is something I threw together ages ago to see how clouds were coming along on the run up to TG4... but the Delorean... that is for you all once I've got the shaders sussed. ;)

Alex

Oshyan

ajcgi

Luckily where they went they didn't need roads... there weren't any. ;)
This is obviously a stock Delorean. At the time I made it everyone was making Audi TTs or Ford Focuses. Lots of Delorean models were the BTTF version so hell no, I made the normal one. Ha!

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

ajcgi

After a couple of hours of research, bashing rocks together and finding the only person asking about the soft raytraced reflections on the forum was er... me last year, I updated the brushed metal on the car. Soft reflections give errors across buckets which is a nuisance, but at least soft spec goes some way to faking it.

luvsmuzik

That was an interesting topic and guidance for a lot of us. Good job!

bobbystahr

Cool scene and great model. Thanks for going stock. looking forward to the share...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

ajcgi

Cheers bobby. Perhaps tomorrow, ya never know... slow progress here but I'm not far away. Just having trouble replicating the brushed metal in a default scene right now.

bobbystahr

Quote from: ajcgi on July 13, 2017, 01:08:22 PM
Cheers bobby. Perhaps tomorrow, ya never know... slow progress here but I'm not far away. Just having trouble replicating the brushed metal in a default scene right now.

Have you downloaded hannes' presets collection in File Sharing...many shortcuts available by tweaking his presets.I use 'em all the time

http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,22695.msg229027.html#msg229027
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

ajcgi

Ah man, I haven't seen this page! Those are well handy. Aside from anything, the greasy chrome and glass shaders could be handy right now. Just created new textures for the front and rear light sets. These are going in my archive... I have 4 Terragen folders going on now. I really should merge them into something coherent!
Thanks Bobby! That's well timed.

bobbystahr

Quote from: ajcgi on July 14, 2017, 07:56:34 AM
Ah man, I haven't seen this page! Those are well handy. Aside from anything, the greasy chrome and glass shaders could be handy right now. Just created new textures for the front and rear light sets. These are going in my archive... I have 4 Terragen folders going on now. I really should merge them into something coherent!
Thanks Bobby! That's well timed.

You're quite welcome...they are a real timesaver in many situations.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

ajcgi

So, the eagle-eyed among you will have seen I've uploaded my first (actually V02) version of this model for sharing. I got the shaders where I'd like them bar one issue... blurred reflections. *sigh* One day, one day!
In the meantime, here's how she looks with the latest shaders as shared.

Model at http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,23369.0.html

Ariel DK

Dust! for me, its only thing that need this one to be perfect...  8)
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?