BBangle_vector masking

Started by luvsmuzik, July 12, 2017, 10:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

I tried this file share.
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,23355.msg236375.html#msg236375

I am not sure if I did this correctly, but I like the results. I seem to be getting light where I should have dark on the planet surface.

bigben

If you find it's the wrong way around just subtract your black and white point values from 180 (as one solution).  Is your sun at the same angle as the heading and altitude settings in the clip?

luvsmuzik

Quote from: bigben on July 13, 2017, 11:41:38 AM
If you find it's the wrong way around just subtract your black and white point values from 180 (as one solution).  Is your sun at the same angle as the heading and altitude settings in the clip?
Thanks, I will try that. Yes settings the same.

I finally got some results.
What I had to do was plug my earth image map into the luminosity function of my surface layer shader. I upped the value to 10.

Earth map image found online, resolution 1600x900

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Quote from: bobbystahr on July 14, 2017, 09:52:32 AM
nicely done.

Thanks bobby!

Here I masked the atmo with a PF to imitate clouds.
Sun 1 @230 heading, no shadows (heading node)
Sun 2 @130 heading, shadows on
Fake stones with luminosity for lights (painted shader)

I saw an image done in TG once where the sky is split day/night, but that is a later project :)

bobbystahr

cool, but maybe a much larger scale on the PF mask as if you recall looking at the Density Fractal in a cloud they are HUGE compared to a Default PF
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Quote from: bobbystahr on July 14, 2017, 10:23:28 AM
cool, but maybe a much larger scale on the PF mask as if you recall looking at the Density Fractal in a cloud they are HUGE compared to a Default PF

You are absolutely correct! In the works, 4e+006 type scale, hehe...I am so clueless about those numbers, but learning.
Thanks!

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on July 14, 2017, 10:30:49 AM
Quote from: bobbystahr on July 14, 2017, 10:23:28 AM

You are absolutely correct! In the works, 4e+006 type scale, hehe...I am so clueless about those numbers, but learning.
Thanks!

you're welcome.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New