Another find

Started by bobbystahr, July 12, 2017, 07:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

I rendered this quite some time ago but was jumping all over the place and forgot about this. I used an image map for the fields and roads ans as a mask for the pops. C&C welcome
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Artofgp

This is full of sex! Love the mood and lighting Bobby :)

Kadri

Nice render Bobby. I like the mood.

J_Con

I like this. The technique for the road placement is very useful and i have been playing with it. A random road mask created in Photoshop then made seamless with the offset filter works well for an endless set of roads, but the repeating tile can be visible to a degree.

bobbystahr

Quote from: J_Con on July 20, 2017, 08:02:09 PM
I like this. The technique for the road placement is very useful and i have been playing with it. A random road mask created in Photoshop then made seamless with the offset filter works well for an endless set of roads, but the repeating tile can be visible to a degree.

Since then I've focused on using Simple Shape shaders as road displacers and masks...a fair bit faster I find.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

mhaze

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

archonforest

Nice mood.  Good work Bobby.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Quote from: J_Con on July 20, 2017, 08:02:09 PM

I agree but in the prairies approaching the foot hills this is often what you'd see from the air...not as interesting as Euro fields I'll admit but fairly real in my memory from when I could go up in planes...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New