Going for holiday

Started by N-drju, June 28, 2017, 02:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

Finally! I'm off for some vacation. :) In a few breaks between my biking trips and campfires I'm going to continue carving out my pirate paradise island that I've been planning to create for quite some time. Here's how the "hermandad de piratas" looks so far:

[attach=1]

I think the shoreline looks quite cool by now - very diverse, with some balmy beaches, quiet coves and rolling hills in the east. What still needs to be done are roads, towns, vegetation and of course the port. As you can see I've cut some of the shore away in order to plop the docks in there.
Anyway, that should be an interesting project. I'm aiming for, RAM allowing, as much detail as possible as I plan to use this island for some animations too. So many features will probably be hand-made. ;)
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

bobbystahr

Looking forward to this development...happy holiday.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

N-drju

Back from the holiday with a small pack of updates. Well, Mother Nature wins with Terragen of course. ;) That's why this project is a rather slow one up to date.

However, I did change the overall colors a bit and added some extra depth to the sea that surrounds the island (compare the water color in the first picture and the one below). So now it's a sea and not a knee-deep water. Can you sea the difference? (Yes, terrible pun indeed.) The island comes with a network of cobblestone roads and agricultural sector too!

Now, I am populating houses and other buildings to create towns. I need to put them first so that I can plant a jungle on the rest of the island later on. The house placement needs lots of refinement, even with the masks I am using. This job alone will probably take me a week or so. :-\ But the houses look nice, so it's probably worth it...?

[attach=1]

And a small look at the docks. I am satisfied with the way the beach works, although sand displacement is best visible when sun is lower.

[attach=2]
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

bobbystahr

Mom Nature always wins...off on a bike ride myself now as it's too hot and TG keeps crashing...will work after dark.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist