New Terragen User what do you think so far?

Started by Balletdude, November 21, 2017, 04:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balletdude

Hi everyone, New user to Terragen. Currently Using the software for a project I'm working on which challenges the idea of the idea photographs iconic status. Here are a few of my rendered images I've created. Would love to know what you think.

Mulwooky

I really like #8 - has a very Martian feel to it!

Balletdude

Thank you, that was kind of the thing I was going for

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

I like #8 a lot too!  The atmosphere is really nice how it gets kind of purple towards the edges, and I like the wavy details & rocks in the terrain foreground.  :) 

Upon Infinity

cyphyr

Looking good. #9 reminds me of Terragen Classic :)
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

bobbystahr

agree with cyphyr on # 9, I personally like vistesis.jpg and vistesis1.jpg best. but I am colourblind. To me these 2 have the best depth in the image.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

Bobby,

I find it very interesting that being colorblind, you chose the two renderings that are black & white/grayscale.  ;)  I worked with a colorblind artist once a number of years ago, and he was amazing because he got so tuned into colors represented by RGB values he was almost always spot on.  He would occasionally ask me if his images looked right, and they always did.

Love your comments by the way.  You make this forum a happy place.  ;)

Derek

bobbystahr

Thanks Derek

Prior to 3D when I still had sharp vision sans glasses I did primarily underground comix in B&W as we were poor hippies then and R&R band posters mainly in B&W with solid colours depending on the band's budget; I screen printed these.
And I was a leather artisan, you needed it I made it no matter what; but I was married and my wife was my colour checker and mixer.
I worked in Imagine 3D for a long while after the marriage ended but we had attribute objects in every colour imaginable so if you know the rules you can abide by em or break em , both of which I did.
But for natural art now a days I depend on a program called Color Spy which allows me to select colour from anywhere and type it into my selector....seems to be working so I resist doing any B&W images although it's been suggested I try. And of course the presets which are always a great place to start tweaking. Anything can be overcome.

Bobby
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Welcome to the forum. Good start indeed, I like the Ansel Adams-like appearance of some B&W's. Hope to see more of your work here!

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram