Beneath still waters - the morning run

Started by zaxxon, July 24, 2017, 12:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaxxon

This is an update of an earlier image: http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,22751.msg229844.html#msg229844

More detail in the water, re-worked trout models and maps and a new sky/ background, and some 'wetness'. I made this a while back but never got around to posting.  :)

Dune

Awesome, Doug! Great to see you post your artworks.

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Beauty Doug..I did one of these way back before we had truly transparent water and RArcher gave me a hand with the water but still this is way more real. I may have to revisit my trout pond...always meant to when we got real water but I'd totally forgotten about it. Possibly because the computer with the project on it went out my kitchen window in 2010...along with the backup drives...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Lady of the Lake

luvsmuzik

Original image a real inspiration too. Wonderful use of assets!

Tangled-Universe

Very nice again Doug. I really like seeing your work :)

I was wondering if you have increased the ray detail multiplier?
Default is 0.25, which means that if you render with micropoly detail 1, then you render refracted surfaces at micropoly detail 1 x 0.25 = 0.25
If you increase it to 0.5 you can already notice quite dramatic increase in underwater surface detail.
Expect a significant increase in render time though.

zaxxon

Great to see you here Martin!  Yes, I did use the ray detail multiplier, I forget the setting I used. And it definitely pushed the render time out. This one's gone to the 'finished' bin, but this was the first time I had fiddled with the multiplier and it was a cool discovery (for me ). Thanks for the tip and the kind comment!

Cocateho

Look like some place I'd love to be right now, very peaceful. Looks like The Sierras.