Aspen woods

Started by Cocateho, July 25, 2017, 11:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cocateho

It's been a long hiatus with TG, been rather busy moving (finally made the leap out to Montana) and this is the first scene I've messed with in several months. Still tweaking quite a bit. 1st version is meant to be October, peak color season, second is a bit grayer with less leaves, maybe early November? I personally like the second one better even in the smaller test render.

Cocateho

V2:

archonforest

Really like the first one. Reminds me a classic painting.  Very nice setup. Great colors. Keep tweaking. I would try to break up a bit the yellow trees. Or mix a little reddish there.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

DannyG

Very nice set up and atmospherics. Perhaps lightening up on the diffuse settings on the dark tree look a bit better. Looking good for sure ! 
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

bobbystahr

I'm with archonforest on the 1st render....has a lovely  October feel...2nd is a bit dreary to me. Welcome back to here and hope Montana lives up to your expectations...a lovely part of the USA.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

I love the first one as well. You've got a wonderful fall yellow color that manages to not look too CG or otherwise fake, though it has a surreal, almost "magical", ethereal quality to it that I quite like.

I'm curious to see you re-render these scenes with the 4.1 update since you're seeing a lot of noise in the clouds (assuming these are v3 clouds). You should get faster/lower noise results, I think.

- Oshyan

mhaze

I like 'em both - if I hadto choose I suppose I would go for number 1 because it reminds me of a place near where I live, I used to walk there early in the morning and it was just like this.  Great work.

masonspappy

I like # 1 the best.  #2 has a better leaf mixture but sunlight needs to be positioned difffrently to better illuminate the scene.

Cocateho

Version 2, full. It's weird everyone seems to go for #1, personally I found it nice but a bit boring so that's why I changed it up. V2 is meant to be a bit more gloomy, but I've got a couple other ideas planned out before I decide on a final render scene.

bobbystahr

2 thumbs up on the new PoV and well the whole image is improved...nice tweaking.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

fleetwood

I like the colors in this last one too. To me the shadowed foreground is extraneous, maybe could be cropped out or hit up with some rays of light to give it interest.

Dune

Very nice, colors and sky and mist among trees are all great, but I agree with Fleetwood about the foreground; it needs something, like a few smallish rocks or a few dead twigs or branches or a trunk. Something to lead your eye from left below to right, then up and back to upper left.

Cocateho

I agree about the foreground, I would love to find a good dead stump model. Thought having a deer grazing in the morning mist, maybe some birds would liven it up a bit as well.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Cocateho on July 30, 2017, 12:38:44 PM
I agree about the foreground, I would love to find a good dead stump model. Though having a deer grazing in the morning mist, maybe some birds would liven it up a bit as well.

If you can purchase there might be one at quixel
here's a link to their library:
https://megascans.se/library/types/everything

but there's an awesome free log in their freebies here:
https://megascans.se/library/free
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New