Nebulae

Started by Denis Sirenko, July 26, 2017, 07:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denis Sirenko

Hi all!

I decided to create a new topic for nebulae. I plan to publish nebulae here as they are created. And let this be the first. Terragen + Photoshop. Here we have two of several dozen nebulae that will be in the game.

[attachimg=1]

Kadri

Sweet.
Nebulaes do look easy to make in theory.
But to make a nice one is not always so easy for me.

bobbystahr

Sweet indeed, do you have any plans on sharing .tgc(clip) files of these?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Wow, that looks very good! I'd love to see the pure TG output before you edited it in PS.

Dune

Great. I suppose the nebulae itself is painted in PS, not made within TG.

Denis Sirenko

Thank you all, I'm glad that something succeeded!

Quote from: Kadri on July 26, 2017, 10:14:29 AM
Sweet.
Nebulaes do look easy to make in theory.
But to make a nice one is not always so easy for me.

Yeah, that's definitely so. It would seem that these are just clouds, illuminated by stars. But there are many subtleties on which everything depends. Fortunately, I have the opportunity not to repeat exactly the real nebula. I'm more inclined to some artistry.

Quote from: bobbystahr on July 26, 2017, 11:38:51 AM
...do you have any plans on sharing .tgc(clip) files of these?

Yes, I have such plans. But I need to solve some points. It will not be long.

Quote from: Hannes on July 27, 2017, 01:38:18 AM
I'd love to see the pure TG output before you edited it in PS.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

Quote from: Dune on July 27, 2017, 02:28:17 AM
I suppose the nebulae itself is painted in PS, not made within TG.

Yes, new colors have been added. But the main colors gave me Terragen. These nebulae gave out 4 shades of color, although they may not be noticeable. But in Photoshop they are easy to amplify. I also added a few other low-visibility nebulae, and I corrected some unfortunate places of morphology a little. In the future, I want to reduce this work to a minimum.

Dune

They look awesome. What I actually meant was if they were cloudbased (TG) or power fractal based (TG), or actual (flat) maps from PS...
I guess with the new smoothing shader cool cloudshapes and/or mixed with partially smoothed PF's on the BG can be made, and used as nebulae.

Denis Sirenko

Oh, I see. Well, I did not use anything from Photoshop for generating forms. It's just Cloud layers, Cloud and power fractal shaders and warpers. Yes, I really want to try new smoothing-filters. While there was no time for it.

Denis Sirenko

One more nebula is ready.

Dune

I'm impressed even more now. So, do you put your cloud layers way up in the 'galaxy', far from the main planet, or closer by? In the first case you'd probably need very high clouds.

bobbystahr

Impressed as well; would love to see a network view and/or a .tgc file to explore...beautiful work Denis
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

inkydigit

Very good results, inspired to try this myself!
:)

Denis Sirenko

Thanks guys!

Better I'll just put the file, as promised. Briefly: the clouds at an altitude of 10 km, and we look at them from above with 11 kilometers of altitude. The planet itself is turned off. It would be great if you told me how it could be improved.

Quote from: inkydigit on July 31, 2017, 10:49:29 AM
Very good results, inspired to try this myself! :)

Can't wait to look!

Denis Sirenko

And one more new nebula! It's called Hulakara-Minkares.

sjefen

ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB