Nebulae

Started by Denis Sirenko, July 26, 2017, 07:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Agreed, really wonderful work, and thanks for the file!

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on August 11, 2017, 09:43:29 AM
Agreed, really wonderful work, and thanks for the file!

Ditto
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

dorianvan

-Dorian

Stormlord

Your nebulaes are really AWSOME and very beautiful.
Thanks for sharing your File!

STORMLORD

Stormlord

A Tribut to Denis Sirenko...
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TGC !!!

STORMLORD

Denis Sirenko

Thank you everyone, guys! Glad to see a good response.

Quote from: Stormlord on August 14, 2017, 04:51:49 PM
THANK YOU FOR YOUR TGC !!!

Stormlord, good result. Nice color combination and a beautiful thin blue layer. Although I would customize a little more small details. Also good distribution of small, medium and large stars. It is difficult for me to achieve this. And where did you get these stars? Is it the Terragen?

And here I have another new nebula. It is called Tolibro.

Denis Sirenko

By the way, Stormlord, try to increase cloud depth. The nebula will become more complicated and interesting. The upper limit is about 1000 km. But the render time rises rapidly. It is desirable that all Cloud layers have one cloud depth, although here you can experiment.

Hannes

Just wow!! Incredibly good! And thank you for the tgc.

Stormlord

Stormlord, good result. Nice color combination and a beautiful thin blue layer. Although I would customize a little more small details. Also good distribution of small, medium and large stars. It is difficult for me to achieve this. And where did you get these stars? Is it the Terragen?

Thank you Dennis for your tip  to increase cloud depth... I'll try that.
Last night I rendered another spectacular nebula, based upon your modified TGC File. It's another one in the same style, but quite a little bit diffenrent.
I the next future I will try to find out some other good colour combinations.

The stars in my picture has been created in 3D Studiomax, not in Terragen. It's a simple Omnilight with a Lensflare effect. So I rendered some different sizes and effects (star, glow, lens-flare, strikes) and created a master star chart for personal use. This Starchart is handmade and can be seen in the Photoshop Screenshot attached. I aslo used another handmade starchart with a tileable star map. I just fill a layer with them and apply them with negative multiplication over the whole picture/nebula rendering. Finally I also have a sharp and big astrophoto only with stars and galaxies. The second picture shows a composite from the rendered orion style nebula and the real astrophoto.

A very good resource to cut out stars or nebulas is ESO. Here you will find good pictures and realy excellent astro photos.
http://www.eso.org/public/images/viewall/

So let me ask you Dennis...How do you make your stars? Do you just paint them?

STORMLORD

Denis Sirenko

Thanks, Hannes.

Quote from: Stormlord on August 15, 2017, 12:32:27 PM
I the next future I will try to find out some other good colour combinations.

Try using real Hubble shots, they often contain good combinations. 3-4 good colors can usually be found.

The stars in my picture has been created in 3D Studiomax.  It's a simple Omnilight with a Lensflare effect.

Oh, I know about this opportunity of 3DSMax. But when I tried it, I decided that it would be too long and hardly. I just did not to achieve the result that you got. But then I'll try again.

I aslo used another handmade starchart with a tileable star map.

I do this, too. But i put the layer with stars above via Add blending mode. How do you do Negative multiplication?

A very good resource to cut out stars or nebulas is ESO. Here you will find good pictures and realy excellent astro photos.

Thank you, but I've been here before. In turn, I will advise such a resource with amazing starfields:
https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/3442
https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/3572

How do you make your stars? Do you just paint them?

No, all my stars are taken from photo. Both separate and tiled star maps.

Stormlord

@ Dennis....
Before I answer your questions I have one for you Dennis. How do you make these faint small tiny details (the black dust structures) in your picture "Hulakara-Minkares nebula" ? I can't figure that out..., how do you make them? Do you render them in Terragen (so is it just a question of settings) or do you stamp them later on into the rendering via Photoshop? Hmmmhhh....

Well...thank you Dennis for your quick response!
I know Hubble and to get the colors just from HST Galery is a good idea. I used a nice astropicture from ESA of the Orion Nebula M42 which I had in mind in my first attempt to render a nice orion-styled nebula. I just found the colors composition by chance, using the trial and error method. But it worked perfectly, the result looks very convincing...

If you like to render your own stars in3DsMax, I could send you my Max-File. It is made in 3dsMax 2009. If you have the program, you could use my setup to render your own stars in a big resolution and excellent quality. This would provide you also the Alpha Channel, so you will be ready for masking. Just mail me, I can send you my file if you like... :-)

I use the negative multiply method for fading stars into a picture or to overlay a scene. Just lay the stars layer over your rendered space scene (nebula) and apply the negative multiply blending method for your star layer. -> Good for fading stars into an evening sky! I rendered a big Master Star in 3DsMax over a black background. In different smaller sizes I created my master starchart. So I just need to copy them into my scenery with the negative multiplication blending method. In the result, everything which is black becomes transparent and so you just got your star hovering in free space and can put them in the right place. As an example please look at my picture "013 Luz del Mondo" or "004 Morgenrot in Alaska" which you can find here... http://www.dirkkipper.de/Galerie_Terragen/Terragen_01/index.php

Thank you also for the Link with the NASA Starcharts, I already got them. I have created additionally all kind different star maps to use them in my own animations. Also own star maps for special purposes. I created one, based upon the NASA Starcharts only with the bright stars of the constellations for instance. So I'm able to fade over between the milky way and the constellations and their main stars only. I underline them with my favorite music just for viewing and relaxation. They're excellent for a cool power nap. Hehhehehe.... Here is an example (the second video on the right side). Please notice the fading in the video... http://www.dirkkipper.de/Galerie_Video_Tutorial/Video_Tutorial_01/index.html#

I'll attach some pictures for your benefit to make it crystal clear to you Dennis :-)

STORMLORD

Stormlord

I am amazed by the nebula tgc file from Dennis and what you can do with it using photoshop!
I rendered a few pictures with different nebulas and tried different blending modes to push the boundaries a little bit further.

Here's one stunning result and how I received it....

STORMLORD

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Stormlord on August 18, 2017, 07:59:18 AM
I am amazed by the nebula tgc file from Dennis and what you can do with it using photoshop!
I rendered a few pictures with different nebulas and tried different blending modes to push the boundaries a little bit further.

Here's one stunning result and how I received it....

STORMLORD

Well Done!
I have been wondering how one would assign such masks in Terragen to a population of a single star object. There seems to be no way at the moment to assign a single value for each star dot in the mask. (Meaning you might get a cluster instead of a single star)
Rendering your clouds then layering post render would certainly be faster and leaves you with many more options for sure.