Nebulae

Started by Denis Sirenko, July 26, 2017, 07:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Quote from: Denis Sirenko on October 22, 2018, 09:01:59 AM
Quote from: WASasquatch on October 20, 2018, 12:44:24 AM
BG 035 is really nice, it reminds me of remnant supernova. I am curious, would it be too much to ask for you to paste your Render node here? I'm curious what settings exactly you're using, I know I can't do higher than MPD 0.6 and AA6 but still struggling with some smaller details and at this point I don't think it's my fractals/warpers.

It is important that I have only one cloud node, since a larger number makes the render time unacceptably long.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

I will also show the settings for Cloud layer v3, since they play a big role.

[attachimg=3]

Thanks a lot, Denis, this helps a lot! Thanks for the node on the single cloud.

Oshyan

I think the improved adaptive sampling that Matt is working on for the path tracer should be helpful for these nebula renders (lower noise for same time/faster renders)...

- Oshyan

Denis Sirenko

DocCharly65, by the way, yes, with Oshyan for an animated movie, we have jointly reduced the rendering time of one frame to 1-2 hours. So here such optimization is possible, if you make a smaller frame, and the quality is a bit lower. But we still have a problem with the twinkling of stars, which still does not allow rendering so quickly.

Quote from: Oshyan on October 23, 2018, 12:40:25 AM
I think the improved adaptive sampling that Matt is working on for the path tracer should be helpful for these nebula renders (lower noise for same time/faster renders)...

It would be cool if it solved the problem of star twinkling. How soon will this functionality appear?

Quote from: WASasquatch on October 22, 2018, 03:33:49 PM
Thanks a lot, Denis, this helps a lot! Thanks for the node on the single cloud.

I hope this somehow helps.

Oshyan

The improved adaptive sampling is available already in Frontier builds. If you have current maintenance you have access to them (4.3.09.frontier at the moment). The options are in the Edit Sampling dialog, "New adaptation curve" and "Robust adaptive sampler". They are still being worked on though, and should get better still. I do think it may help with the twinkling stars...

- Oshyan

Denis Sirenko

Oshyan, our maintenance has expired. Current TG version is 4.1.25 and I haven't this functional and I think that in the near future I will not be able to upgrade to the latest version.

Oshyan

Ah well, it will be waiting for you (and further improved) whenever you can justify renewing Maintenance. In the meantime I haven't forgotten about the nebula animation and the new adaptive sampling will be a good test for it. Just need to wait a few more weeks until it's more finalized.

- Oshyan

Denis Sirenko

Quote from: Oshyan on October 24, 2018, 04:04:03 PM
In the meantime I haven't forgotten about the nebula animation and the new adaptive sampling will be a good test for it. Just need to wait a few more weeks until it's more finalized.

Well, I heard you.

Denis Sirenko

Aaand before the weekend to your attention 3 new backgrounds!

bg-041
[attachimg=1]

Denis Sirenko

bg-043
[attachimg=1]

Denis Sirenko

bg-044
[attachimg=1]

Dune

Wow! Beauties again!

Hannes

Can't get enough of those!

Tangled-Universe

Somebody squeeze me please, these are renders? :)

Denis Sirenko

Thanks, guys!

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on October 26, 2018, 12:37:39 PM
Somebody squeeze me please, these are renders? :)

No, these are not only renderers in Terraggen, but also work with them using Photoshop. In Terragegen the form, lighting from several bright light sources (about 10), aerial perspective (gas) and colors were obtained.

Almost raw render can be seen here:
https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=23403.0;attach=83510;image (in Photoshop added stars and exposition in some places)

or here:
https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=23403.0;attach=83273;image (add exposition in some places and saturation)

or here:
https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=23403.0;attach=83302;image (add exposition)

The using Photoshop is mainly due to the fact that we need a variety of forms for game backgrounds in which the art-director constantly makes edits.