Nebulae

Started by Denis Sirenko, July 26, 2017, 07:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Wonderful sequence again. Great work!

DocCharly65

Marvelous! Very nice backgrounds. I share the thoughs that the game could be something like Elite :)

Denis Sirenko

Thanks, guys! No, it is not even close to the Elite. This is a space strategy. It's really hard for us to say which of the existing games is similar to. We do not strive to be like someone, but the closest thing to us in terms of gameplay is probably Imperium Galactica.

pokoy

I think this is one of my favorite threads here, amazing work.

Yanik

Beautiful fractals! I would have believed it straight away if you said these renders were NASA photographs.

luvsmuzik

Beautiful work! Thrilled that Terragen could be a part of your work. These images give us a wonderful glimpse at something greater.  :)

WAS

I still applaud your patience in rendering these. Without a dedicated render PC I just can't do it. One of my nebulae wanted to render for days at least how the first 4 tiles was going by end of day one. Lol

Really love the red themed ones.

Denis Sirenko

Thanks guys! Nice to see positive feedback.

Quote from: Yanik on October 17, 2018, 08:42:03 AM
Beautiful fractals! I would have believed it straight away if you said these renders were NASA photographs.

Thank you, I had a similar goal. Although initially I wanted to achieve it only with the help of TG, I gradually came to the conclusion that even if TG produces a good render, with the help of PS, I can still make it even better. So why limit yourself?

Quote from: WASasquatch on October 17, 2018, 02:45:09 PM
I still applaud your patience in rendering these. Without a dedicated render PC I just can't do it. One of my nebulae wanted to render for days at least how the first 4 tiles was going by end of day one. Lol

Do you plan to finish it? it would be interesting to see.

And I'll show you a couple more. Did this week more, but not all are rich enough in content to be published here.

bg-042
[attachimg=1]

Denis Sirenko

bg-035
[attachimg=1]

WAS

I have not, unfortunately. It and literally hundreds of projects sit awaiting a decent computer. I've tried ton come back to it but always end up canceling the renders. Being in a RV in the middle of no where with just my son for entertainment, I end up using my PC a lot. Lol I wish I had another one going. I dare not abuse my fiancee's little Asus touch netbook. :P

I could do lower quality renders like I do with other stuff, but with nebula's it just doesn't feel worth it to me. The quality loss is just too much for me to get over.

BG 035 is really nice, it reminds me of remnant supernova. I am curious, would it be too much to ask for you to paste your Render node here? I'm curious what settings exactly you're using, I know I can't do higher than MPD 0.6 and AA6 but still struggling with some smaller details and at this point I don't think it's my fractals/warpers.

Denis Sirenko

Quote from: WASasquatch on October 20, 2018, 12:44:24 AM
BG 035 is really nice, it reminds me of remnant supernova. I am curious, would it be too much to ask for you to paste your Render node here? I'm curious what settings exactly you're using, I know I can't do higher than MPD 0.6 and AA6 but still struggling with some smaller details and at this point I don't think it's my fractals/warpers.

It is important that I have only one cloud node, since a larger number makes the render time unacceptably long.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

I will also show the settings for Cloud layer v3, since they play a big role.

[attachimg=3]

DocCharly65

Quote from: Denis Sirenko on October 22, 2018, 09:01:59 AM
It is important that I have only one cloud node, since a larger number makes the render time unacceptably long.

Great shots again! :)

May I ask about a concrete render time?
For my animations I always have the aim to reduce the render time as much as possible. My personal limit is about 2-2.5 h per frame. above it doesn't make sense for me. I guess for usage in a game you follow completely different criteria?

Denis Sirenko

DocCharly65, thanks!
Yes, of course, I need fewer frames than necessary for animation. I could afford about 100 hours for one such render with the size of 2048x2048 px: https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=23403.0;attach=83510;image

In total, we have made about 35 such renders.

Denis Sirenko

In addition I have 4 office computers at my disposal, although they are not powerful.

DocCharly65

OK I understand - a completely different strategy :)
Fortunately I have 5 PCs for rendering too, but for other reasons. When I started my film it should have been just a 5-10 min Music video for fun and I was happy to have my new "gaming PC" for rendering in 2014. Then I kept it as rendering station and got a new PC for gaming... then this one had to render too... same happened again and again... now I won't buy another gaming PC because I anyway know what will happen to it... I keep being the bad player I am on the PS4 :)