Antivirus has deleted tgd.exe

Started by Denis Sirenko, July 31, 2017, 04:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denis Sirenko

Hi all!

This morning my antivirus has removed tgd.exe with the message Threat: HEU_AEGISCS934. I immediately restored *.exe without any problems, but I would not like to see this in the future. My antivirus TrendMicro. Terragen Version 4.1.11. Before the last update a few months I worked without problems.

Ethrieltd

It's a Heuristic (seems sort of like) detection. Make sure Trend is up to date and if it keeps doing it I'd report it to Trend as a false positive. Assuming you got your install via official channels so nothing sneaked in with it.

bobbystahr

Report this to Trend as a False positive...Avast and AVG sometimes did that till it got reported
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

Every time a new update comes out this seems to happen a few times. Sadly/ironically most with the early adopters, because they are the first ones to "show" this new .exe to their antivirus, and the antivirus doesn't recognize it. ;) So much of antivirus these days is guessing... But soon enough when more people use it, it will stop reporting it. Sending it in as a False Positive is helpful.

- Oshyan

Corris

Quote from: Oshyan on July 31, 2017, 07:06:55 PM
Every time a new update comes out this seems to happen a few times.
- Oshyan

We had same problem with our product one day. We reported to Trend Micro as developer of this EXE file about problem (sent file to them), and product been placed to "white list". Perhaps Planetside should report it as well?

I mean there were no repeated problem with new builds, which heppend every day while developing.

Denis Sirenko

OK, guys. The virus databases were relevant, so I'll just tell the developers about it. Thank you!