Fidget Spinner in Space

Started by fleetwood, July 27, 2017, 03:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleetwood

May need sunglasses for this one  8). In celebration of the up coming Aug. 21 eclipse in North America.
Used AP's very thin but very huge atmosphere idea for the glow.

yossam

It's the giant black space truffle..............French chefs are trying to fund a mining trip to the truffle to harvest as much of the delicacy as possible.  :-* :P

fleetwood

Could be worth a fortune if they keep the shipping costs down.

You should be relatively close to the area where the Eclipse will be Total.

Here is a weird example of a thing that happens when turning on Bloom and/or Starburst. The effects don't care about any cropping, they get applied to the whole render including the black areas regardless of crop area chosen !

fleetwood

..... And here is another somewhat unusual occurrence. Both the blue sun and orange sun are Terragen sunlight nodes.
The asteroid is really huge in Terragen scale (and so is that spinner) and located super far out from the origin (60 million meters Z axis for example).
When I made the visible disk size for the orange sun 20 degrees, it becomes so large that it appears to extend into the space taken by the asteroid.
I never thought about Terragen sunlight sources as being actual 3D spheres, but it seems they do occupy 3D space... check the image out and see if you agree.

Kadri

Nice.
Could use that kind of glow too in some renders.
Got curious and tested the sun. With angular diameter of 100 or so it is touching the world.

bobbystahr

Quote from: yossam on July 27, 2017, 05:01:30 PM
It's the giant black space truffle..............French chefs are trying to fund a mining trip to truffle to harvest as much of the delicacy as possible.  :-* :P

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

I had noticed that as well, well assumed and then checked it out similar to this but with just a cube, the bleed past a crop is due to it being a post process I do believe. Noticed that also.

cool render idea man...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

masonspappy

Quote from: yossam on July 27, 2017, 05:01:30 PM
It's the giant black space truffle..............French chefs are trying to fund a mining trip to the truffle to harvest as much of the delicacy as possible.  :-* :P

Well, since pigs were (and still are) used to hunt truffles, then you'd need......
PIGS!! IN !!  SPAAACCEEEE !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmI77ZBeJrQ

Dune

fleetwood

A couple more experiments trying out the new release. One Space-Time disturbance and one truffle-asteroid with added nebulae. Both effects are done with large Power fractals placed on the background sphere as luminosity and modified in various ways by the new smoothing node. No displacement involved in the Space-Time render although it may look otherwise.

bobbystahr

Purdy durn awesome mate...ain't doing much here with no a/c...see attachment
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

fleetwood

Thanks,

33 ! Knew someone had to be suffering. Been almost too nice here in the Great Lakes for a couple weeks, only around 26-27 everyday and blanket cool at night. Weird really.

bobbystahr

Quote from: fleetwood on July 30, 2017, 05:40:53 PM
Thanks,

33 ! Knew someone had to be suffering. Been almost too nice here in the Great Lakes for a couple weeks, only around 26-27 everyday and blanket cool at night. Weird really.

went for a slow bike ride to generate some breeze without too much sweat heh heh...I ain't complainin considering it's winter most of the time, but I don't adjust as fast as I usta.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DannyG

very Mojo-esque thats always a good thing
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram