The Undiscovered World

Started by Markal, December 22, 2009, 12:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markal

Thanks to cyphyr for "The Undiscovered Country.TGD".  I was going to try his settings on another terrain but, it looked so good the way he did it...I just lowered the POV and moved it a bit to the left. I did adjust the 4 canyon shaders slightly and added two image maps to the fake rocks shader....also added the two planets and two plant objects by Drew Castigan...uploaded by Bobbystahr.  I usually don't like using and abusing others work and I hope cyphyr doesn't think I was trying to improve on his fine stuff...its just a different version...a different look to his excellent image.  Now...I'm going back into Cyphyr's undiscovered country and will learn and use and have fun....thanks to all again...sharing is a great thing.
Mark

EoinArmstrong

Henry Blewer

Looks good. There are quite a few good spots in this terrain to render. Move the camera up and have a look around. Cypher did a fabulous job building this landscape.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

cyphyr

Well thank you, its good to see it put to some use :)
Initially I knocked this up quite quickly as some one was asking about canyon set ups. Then I got a bit carried away ... :)
My version had lots of small "holes" in the terrain render, even at high detail/AA settings. Yours doesn't, what have you done differently or is this a result of the new render options?
Take a look at the "function" canyons, they're everywhere :)
Happy rendering
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Henry Blewer

I learned a few things from this tgd. Thank you!  ;)
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

bobbystahr

Quote from: Markal on December 22, 2009, 12:58:43 AM
Thanks to cyphyr for "The Undiscovered Country.TGD".  I was going to try his settings on another terrain but, it looked so good the way he did it...I just lowered the POV and moved it a bit to the left. I did adjust the 4 canyon shaders slightly and added two image maps to the fake rocks shader....also added the two planets and two plant objects by Drew Castigan...uploaded by Bobbystahr.  I usually don't like using and abusing others work and I hope cyphyr doesn't think I was trying to improve on his fine stuff...its just a different version...a different look to his excellent image.  Now...I'm going back into Cyphyr's undiscovered country and will learn and use and have fun....thanks to all again...sharing is a great thing.
Mark

Somehow I missed this in '09...I'll blame potheimers or music. nicely used .tgd...may have to load that up myself again. I think those models go back to ashunder when Drew graciously allowed me to convert and post for our use. pretty fair models as well for the most part.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist