Martin's landscapes

Started by Martin, July 31, 2017, 01:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

Managed to render it yesterday though(the file is messed up now after saving)
A little horror scene : )

Oshyan

Can you paste in the exact text that shows up in the line it indicates the error occurs on?

- Oshyan

Martin

Quote from: Oshyan on January 22, 2018, 09:36:17 PM
Can you paste in the exact text that shows up in the line it indicates the error occurs on?

- Oshyan
Last time it was

"Parse error line at 12393: not well-formed(invalid token)"

Martin

Hundred mile tall mountain-and just for fun-a hundred mile deep hole.

Martin

Is it possible to illuminate the scene with a background texture? I remember I've done that before, but I could be mistaken .Made a scene with procedural aurora borealis but I can't get it to affect the terrain.

Martin

New cliffs
And a top view of the mountain(above the atmosphere)

Martin

Well then.

luvsmuzik

Super!
I see you got your aurora! I didn't have a clue about terrain hues except maybe limiting sunlight to atmosphere or objects. Probably low elevation and strength, but really guessing. Sometimes a faint translucency on object parts shaders can do a trick too.

Martin

Quote from: luvsmuzik on January 24, 2018, 11:51:54 AM
Super!
I see you got your aurora! I didn't have a clue about terrain hues except maybe limiting sunlight to atmosphere or objects. Probably low elevation and strength, but really guessing. Sometimes a faint translucency on object parts shaders can do a trick too.
hmm, what do you mean by elevation? It's a background shader.Anyway it doesn't seem to work sadly.Could be my fault, because I remember reading about it on a thread somewhere.

Worked on the lake night scene. The texture is procedural,plus a texture map with x y z projection.
Also forgot one  mountain render.

luvsmuzik

You probably read this
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,23932.msg241768.html#msg241768
Oshyan is speaking about making planets and using a background image for lighting with setting a luminance and ultra high GI (not recommended at this time)

Elevation of the sun....in ref to horizon...(hears you smack your forehead) You can also lower the atmo (and/or use a second atmo) ceiling height so it affects more ground level
new to jpg looks good for lighting

Martin

Quote from: luvsmuzik on January 24, 2018, 02:12:34 PM
You probably read this
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,23932.msg241768.html#msg241768
Oshyan is speaking about making planets and using a background image for lighting with setting a luminance and ultra high GI (not recommended at this time)

Elevation of the sun....in ref to horizon...(hears you smack your forehead) You can also lower the atmo (and/or use a second atmo) ceiling height so it affects more ground level
new to jpg looks good for lighting
aH , I didn't understand why you brought up the sun , did you mean I can try to play with the reflected sunlight from the "background dome"? I use high luminance for the background default shader(procedural stars and aurora) And I made test renders with high GI and ultrahigh luminance but nothing sadly.

Oshyan

Quote from: Martin on January 23, 2018, 04:54:51 AM

- Oshyan
Last time it was

I think you have misunderstood. I do not mean "what was the exact error message". I mean to *follow* the error message, open the .tgd in a text editor and look at the line of text that is indicated and see what is there. It is trying to tell you exactly where the problem is so you can maybe figure it out by looking at it. You will of course need a decent text editor for this that shows line numbers, or better yet, can take you to or search for a specific line #. I use Notepad++ (Windows), which I quite like, but there are many other options that people prefer.

Using a background image for lighting, "Image Based Lighting" (IBL), doesn't always work very well in Terragen due to approximations in the GI calculation for performance reasons. But any real scene element such as aurora should light things up if it has luminosity.

- Oshyan

Martin

Quote from: Oshyan on January 24, 2018, 06:41:59 PM
Quote from: Martin on January 23, 2018, 04:54:51 AM

- Oshyan
Last time it was

I think you have misunderstood. I do not mean "what was the exact error message". I mean to *follow* the error message, open the .tgd in a text editor and look at the line of text that is indicated and see what is there. It is trying to tell you exactly where the problem is so you can maybe figure it out by looking at it. You will of course need a decent text editor for this that shows line numbers, or better yet, can take you to or search for a specific line #. I use Notepad++ (Windows), which I quite like, but there are many other options that people prefer.

Using a background image for lighting, "Image Based Lighting" (IBL), doesn't always work very well in Terragen due to approximations in the GI calculation for performance reasons. But any real scene element such as aurora should light things up if it has luminosity.

- Oshyan

I'm sorry, you're right, I didn't read your message properly.
I had to install Notepad++ because to be honest I'm only doing the art side of things, and pretty much a noob when it comes to the technical part.
name = "fullbody alien scul굯 6_1.OBJ" Looks like one of the imported obj s were the problem.Turns out there was a Hungarian letter there -a typo) (also strangely I could render this obj in another scene afterwards)
By the way, the aurora is just a background shader-a powerfractal and warp shader merged ,just like the stars, with luminosity. Not sure if that's a "scene element".

Martin

Alpine meadows.

Martin

second batch of alpine renders. So some amazing French alps photos, I just had to make some mountain meadows in terragen:)