Martin's landscapes

Started by Martin, July 31, 2017, 01:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

more Hadean land

bobbystahr

Agree to awesome...very sci fi in the latest batch.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Martin

Thank you! More scifi pics:)
I realised that the lava model I made works as a water geyser.

luvsmuzik

Very nice, but you are sending me back to statue land.....I really like to experiment with water stuff too. :)

Martin

I love the way terragen handles procedural materials, but not sure if it's worth the hassle to put together a scene this close to the camera. NO mountains or anything on this image.

luvsmuzik

To me, that type of close up shows the diversity of Terragen. With your textures you exaggerate erosion and color very well. Vegetation looks very nice despite the fog, haha...
Keep 'em comin...

Martin

Well it's still work in progress, I work on it in my freetime. I've made several more assets, but they're not exported yet etc.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Martin on February 06, 2018, 11:55:58 AM
Well it's still work in progress, I work on it in my freetime. I've made several more assets, but they're not exported yet etc.

Lovely. Bobby Like!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Martin

So, I failed to render a proper picture last year for the contest, and kinda stopped making new landscapes for a while, been busy with 3ds max modelling, working on a comic, illustration, practicing anatomy etc.

But I got some help from a friend with rendering, and been doing some new landscapes, so I have a hundred or two new renders to show. 

René

Very impressive Martin! I love the bold colors in Hadean land. Close planet is my favourite.

Oshyan

The perspective and sense of scale on these is amazing! Love it.

- Oshyan

Martin

Quote from: Oshyan on January 26, 2019, 03:35:09 PM
The perspective and sense of scale on these is amazing! Love it.

- Oshyan

Thanks. I'm trying, I like playing with scale, thus the big planets in the background.

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd