Martin's landscapes

Started by Martin, July 31, 2017, 01:33:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Man o man are you ever on a roll. This is Cyphyr territory re: massiveness and quality...totally blown away after viewing that progression...thanks for sharing.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Kadri

July 31, 2017, 10:21:19 pm #16 Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 11:01:45 pm by Kadri

Looks nice.
I like the second one the most.
A little too much blur?

Martin

Quote from: Kadri on July 31, 2017, 10:21:19 pm

Looks nice.
I like the second one the most.
I little too much blur?

thanks!
I'm trying to hold myself back on post effects. No avail.
I know I'm overdoing it,but I like adding blur to not desirable areas, and to make it look like an actual traditional photo.

Martin

Quote from: bobbystahr on July 31, 2017, 10:05:04 pm
Man o man are you ever on a roll. This is Cyphyr territory re: massiveness and quality...totally blown away after viewing that progression...thanks for sharing.


oh haha thanks man! I had to concentrate on work so I had less time fooling around in terragen but I kind of made quite a lot of renders over the last half a year.(I think the last time I was actively posting here was around January)

Martin

A few more.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Martin on July 31, 2017, 10:56:22 pm
Quote from: Kadri on July 31, 2017, 10:21:19 pm


I little too much blur?

thanks!
I'm trying to hold myself back on post effects. No avail.
I know I'm overdoing it,but I like adding blur to not desirable areas, and to make it look like an actual traditional photo.



artistic license? to be honest I didn't notice the blur till it came up so I'd say it was a success
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

I'm not fond of the local blur effect, and think you should render one in high detail. One of the last bunch has very much potential.

Martin

Quote from: Dune on August 01, 2017, 03:15:54 am
I'm not fond of the local blur effect, and think you should render one in high detail. One of the last bunch has very much potential.


I'm currently using the free version so this is the max resolution and detail I can render right now.

Martin

Quote from: bobbystahr on July 31, 2017, 11:19:07 pm
Quote from: Martin on July 31, 2017, 10:56:22 pm
Quote from: Kadri on July 31, 2017, 10:21:19 pm


I little too much blur?

thanks!
I'm trying to hold myself back on post effects. No avail.
I know I'm overdoing it,but I like adding blur to not desirable areas, and to make it look like an actual traditional photo.



artistic license? to be honest I didn't notice the blur till it came up so I'd say it was a success


Oh well, that's good to know! :)

René


Martin

Quote from: René on August 01, 2017, 06:12:05 am
Too bad you can't render in a higher resolution. It reminds me of Dresden after the bombing.

http://berlijn-blog.nl/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/01_1945_verwoesting-Dresden-vanaf-beeld-Kreuzkirche-750x422.jpg


It does look like that! Though it's always pretty depressing for me to look at these photos.
I was more inspired by the lord of the rings ruin miniatures. A more romantic version of a ruined city. :)

luvsmuzik

I agree that I like the "ruin over time" rather than "ruin as result of conflict" renders that you have done. I think that for free version, all of these renders are fantastic! Your objects are wonderful. I read somewhere about increasing the micropoly detail in the RT (default 0.25). I wonder if upping that would do anything remarkable? Again, I know it could be more, but absolutely great as is. Thanks for sharing.

Martin

Quote from: luvsmuzik on August 01, 2017, 08:11:03 am
I agree that I like the "ruin over time" rather than "ruin as result of conflict" renders that you have done. I think that for free version, all of these renders are fantastic! Your objects are wonderful. I read somewhere about increasing the micropoly detail in the RT (default 0.25). I wonder if upping that would do anything remarkable? Again, I know it could be more, but absolutely great as is. Thanks for sharing.


There's always something new to learn. I'm not even sure what micropoly detail does in TG. I'm reading about it right now.
Btw, I gave up on the rock population thing. The displacement as a kind of bump map works perfectly on my building models, and I will have to be fine with the fakestone shader: )

Martin

Btw, we are going backward in time with the renders. I've posted the last render first and these are the earlier versions. You can see how it changed- from a grassy meadow to a mordor like ruin:)

Martin

Some more