Martin's landscapes

Started by Martin, July 31, 2017, 01:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Quote from: Martin on August 06, 2017, 02:38:43 PM

hah! funny you say that, I just added some snow:) (And Star Wars style mining buildings)

Now that's properly grotty...really like the dark atmo...all this star wars stuff reminds me I have some naboo houses my pal rodluc was sharing and assorted other buildings. Maybe it's time to get outer spaced again....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Martin

A few more. I love how the lava turned out.

Martin

Also:

bobbystahr

Very nice, still working on mine as that lava flow is inspiring me...may start again today though as yesterday was a pretty much non starter for me, more guitar than 3D
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Martin

Quote from: bobbystahr on August 07, 2017, 09:13:11 AM
Very nice, still working on mine as that lava flow is inspiring me...may start again today though as yesterday was a pretty much non starter for me, more guitar than 3D

I was inspired by the movies I watched recently. Everytime I see an interesting landscape shot I want to recreate it in terragen haha

bobbystahr

Quote from: Martin on August 07, 2017, 09:54:47 AM
Quote from: bobbystahr on August 07, 2017, 09:13:11 AM

I was inspired by the movies I watched recently. Everytime I see an interesting landscape shot I want to recreate it in terragen haha

I think we're all a bit like that, I got into this as I had fantasies of becoming an animator and though music takes precedence in my life that old goal still creeps in for me as well.
I've never really got any of the attempts right but most turned into cool images anyway so I accept the inspiration gladly.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Oshyan

Yeah, the lava looks great. My favorite is definitely mist lava.jpg.

- Oshyan

Martin

Quote from: Oshyan on August 07, 2017, 06:19:34 PM
Yeah, the lava looks great. My favorite is definitely mist lava.jpg.

- Oshyan

Here's more then:)
I save all of the versions I make, it's mind blowing that you can have whole planets in a file under 300KB. Procedural is an amazing thing.
The newest version I'm working on keeps crashing. Sometimes it looks like it has not enough memory but I have 32 GB, and it only uses 16. Odd.

Oshyan

Do you get an error message when it crashes? Is it crashing while rendering, or at some other time? Any other info?

- Oshyan

fleetwood

Really like those last couple. The haze and blue cast in the sky adds a lot IMO.

Martin

Quote from: fleetwood on August 08, 2017, 10:20:40 PM
Really like those last couple. The haze and blue cast in the sky adds a lot IMO.

I used a really saturated orange sky with a strong blue thick haze. This gives a really nice balanced colour palette. :)

Martin

Quote from: Oshyan on August 08, 2017, 05:54:00 PM
Do you get an error message when it crashes? Is it crashing while rendering, or at some other time? Any other info?

- Oshyan

No error message. It's always during rendering a resource heavy scene- lot's of population objects, or clouds etc.
It just makes my screen go black for a bit then I get the little windows message: terragen 4 has crashed.
It often crashes the youtube video- or any flash I'm watching.
Also most of this time it only uses around 15 GB of memory, while everything else only using 4, remaining 12. So I'm not sure it's a memory limit-either windows or terragen related, or something else.
Happened a lot before as well.I just acknowledged it.

Martin

Oh my. I've been messing around with planet textures(just made a new gas giant texture node network)
And...ugh I moved the planet and the atmosphere...just forgot to move with the planet. Is this a bug or what the hell have I done? : D

Kadri

Nice.

Quote from: Martin on August 09, 2017, 10:23:03 AM
And...ugh I moved the planet and the atmosphere...just forgot to move with the planet. Is this a bug or what the hell have I done? : D

Yes that is kind of a long lasting bug-shortcoming. But it is easy to correct.
Just unlink and link the clouds-atmosphere again.

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New