Started by Martin, July 31, 2017, 01:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

Okay, this will be good for later use.

Martin

Quote from: Kadri on August 14, 2017, 08:30:37 AM

Nice :)

Thanks Kadri:)
I tweaked it a bit. Colour variety, and warp shader. Though I realised it only works on one axis, so I'll have to rotate it and add merge  the vertical lines.

bobbystahr

Well done Martin, any chance you'll be putting a copy in File Sharing. Some (maybe many) of us have no idea about this kind of texture building although find looking at the network and inside it's dialogues teaches a lot...just my experience....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Kadri

Reminded me about Martin(DandelO).
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,10584.0.html
Yeah many Martin's indeed :)
The files are gone probably.

Martin

Quote from: bobbystahr on August 14, 2017, 11:16:17 AM
Well done Martin, any chance you'll be putting a copy in File Sharing. Some (maybe many) of us have no idea about this kind of texture building although find looking at the network and inside it's dialogues teaches a lot...just my experience....
I think I will! after some tweaking:) Though my node networks are pretty messy.

Martin

Quote from: Kadri on August 14, 2017, 11:55:22 AM

Reminded me about Martin(DandelO).
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,10584.0.html
Yeah many Martin's indeed :)
The files are gone probably.

Oh well, obviously I'm not the only one who made brick textures. And also a Martin. Haha
Still tweaking it. Every brick has a different brightness.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Martin on August 14, 2017, 12:35:00 PM

keeps my mind busy trying to grok em...mine, tho more simplistic, are every bit as messy and altho I'm a Bobby I play a Martin..LOL

http://a1.amlimg.com/OGEzOTJhMjZhOWMwNTJhNTU3MDI2NWEyNWEwNmQzY2GOItNTNQTAJz-GgWcrL4QFaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZDUzNjg1ZDc0NWJjNDhjZWZjNjk3ZWMwM2YxMTYyNzI3NjI1ZDY3ZWY4OGU4NWEwOGYwYzdjYWY4MzFjZWFhNS5qcGd8fHx8fHw3MDB4NTI1fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

not mine but same vintage
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Martin

Quote from: bobbystahr on August 14, 2017, 02:52:29 PM
Quote from: Martin on August 14, 2017, 12:35:00 PM

keeps my mind busy trying to grok em...mine, tho more simplistic, are every bit as messy and altho I'm a Bobby I play a Martin..LOL

http://a1.amlimg.com/OGEzOTJhMjZhOWMwNTJhNTU3MDI2NWEyNWEwNmQzY2GOItNTNQTAJz-GgWcrL4QFaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZDUzNjg1ZDc0NWJjNDhjZWZjNjk3ZWMwM2YxMTYyNzI3NjI1ZDY3ZWY4OGU4NWEwOGYwYzdjYWY4MzFjZWFhNS5qcGd8fHx8fHw3MDB4NTI1fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

not mine but same vintage

I have an electric guitar. But I'm not really playing it. Been difficult to learn playing because I'm left handed- and it's a left handed guitar.And drawing and modelling is taking most of my time.Both as a job and a hobby.

I've quickly put together a castle ruin from my modular meshes made last month.
The brick texture in action.

bobbystahr

Lovely, works a treat don't it. IIRC Ogre also made a very nice 'formal' style red brick procedural and I'm not sure if he shared it but I recall seeing it in a thread.
re: guitar...I was recently given a Masarati of a guitar that I'm trying to tame ( A Gibson B B King "Lucille" model) and that's leaching considerable computer time so I set up really long renders and let it run while I play. Retired so I've no worries about 'work' interrupting my vices...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Martin

Quote from: bobbystahr on August 14, 2017, 04:38:35 PM
Lovely, works a treat don't it. IIRC Ogre also made a very nice 'formal' style red brick procedural and I'm not sure if he shared it but I recall seeing it in a thread.
re: guitar...I was recently given a Masarati of a guitar that I'm trying to tame ( A Gibson B B King "Lucille" model) and that's leaching considerable computer time so I set up really long renders and let it run while I play. Retired so I've no worries about 'work' interrupting my vices...

Oh nice:)
I'm just 30 so I have lot's of things to do hehe
I usually render at night, or during the day I paint in photoshop or practice on paper.Also studying a language so pretty busy days.

Martin

More renders of the same scene.

bobbystahr

Nice, that's one wickedly weird ruin you've made....you could likely sell that to Poser/DAZ folks as it looks to have a large number of scene areas in it from the different renders you've user it in. They're always looking for new render area props...just needs conversion to a .pp2 file.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Martin

Quote from: bobbystahr on August 15, 2017, 01:30:01 PM
Nice, that's one wickedly weird ruin you've made....you could likely sell that to Poser/DAZ folks as it looks to have a large number of scene areas in it from the different renders you've user it in. They're always looking for new render area props...just needs conversion to a .pp2 file.
It's not properly optimised yet. It's around 12 million polygons...Though the different parts are optimised, but putting together a whole ruin made it a pretty high poly mesh.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Martin on August 15, 2017, 01:39:58 PM
Quote from: bobbystahr on August 15, 2017, 01:30:01 PM
It's not properly optimised yet. It's around 12 million polygons...Though the different parts are optimised, but putting together a whole ruin made it a pretty high poly mesh.

I dig...but both those programs do displacement now so some creative dessication to a lower polycount would solve some problems and add more surface options within those apps...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New