Martin's landscapes

Started by Martin, July 31, 2017, 01:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Quote from: Martin on August 26, 2017, 11:39:41 AM
Uhm I quite of forgot what to do to render the underwater terrain with a higher micropoly detail. I have to change some rendering value , but what?

not familiar with that so am watching for answers as well
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Kadri

Uhm I quite of forgot what to do to render the underwater terrain with a higher micropoly detail. I have to change some rendering value , but what?

Render node + Edit internal network (click on the icon on the right where it says "Name" and "Render 01" or the plus sigh on the right of the node. But before that just begin a render. You can cancel immidiately. Otherwise the internal network can be empty on a new project) + Render subdiv settings + Ray detail multiplier.

bobbystahr

Oh that...through the water detail...I see now.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Martin

Quote from: Kadri on August 26, 2017, 09:25:18 PM

Render node + Edit internal network (click on the icon on the right where it says "Name" and "Render 01" or the plus sigh on the right of the node. But before that just begin a render. You can cancel immidiately. Otherwise the internal network can be empty on a new project) + Render subdiv settings + Ray detail multiplier.

Ah right! Thank you Kadri!

bobbystahr

I envy you're non coulourblindness...cool blends of colour like this escape me.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Martin

Quote from: bobbystahr on August 27, 2017, 10:52:48 AM

Which kind of colourblindness do you have?

bobbystahr

Quote from: Martin on August 27, 2017, 10:56:55 AM

green/brown confusion, blue/purple confusion...made brown leaves and green trunks set against a purple sky with a chartreuese sun as a child and that was the first tell.

During my married/productiive period thru the '80's my wife colour checked everything I did, but pre computer so there was no handy online colour check devices...I now have a hard copy of the R,G,B of any colour imaginable and by name like 'Salmon Pink'...so I can often get colours now that clients like and are appropriate, but I tend to try and convince them b&w is the way to go, heh heh.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Martin

Quote from: bobbystahr on August 27, 2017, 11:44:00 AM

green/brown confusion, blue/purple confusion...made brown leaves and green trunks set against a purple sky with a chartreuese sun as a child and that was the first tell
Oh we actually had a kid in art school with the same colourblindness! He was a painter. It took 2 years to realise he was colourblind, as everyone thought it's his artistic decision to paint tree trunks green and leaves brown:) But it worked! He graduated as a painter:)
Do you know about those colourblindness eyeglasses? That separates certain wavelengths? Can help a lot of colourblind people.

Martin

Quote from: luvsmuzik on August 27, 2017, 11:45:01 AM
Again, just great!

Thank you! I just love exploring the planet and looking for interesting landscapes and compositions once I have the node network ready, and hit render.: )

bobbystahr

Quote from: Martin on August 27, 2017, 11:51:26 AM
Quote from: bobbystahr on August 27, 2017, 11:44:00 AM

green/brown confusion, blue/purple confusion...made brown leaves and green trunks set against a purple sky with a chartreuese sun as a child and that was the first tell
Oh we actually had a kid in art school with the same colourblindness! He was a painter. It took 2 years to realise he was colourblind, as everyone thought it's his artistic decision to paint tree trunks green and leaves brown:) But it worked! He graduated as a painter:)
Do you know about those colourblindness eyeglasses? That separates certain wavelengths? Can help a lot of colourblind people.

Yeah, I investigated them when I first got an email from a pal about them but they don't work for my type according too the test I took online. Too bad; but my 2D art seems quite acceptable as folks just "chalk it up" to my style, heh heh...lotta jaw dropping when I tell 'em I'm colourblind. Helps being an original acid head as well...they expect weird from me.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Martin

More sulfur landscape variants.

Kadri

Nice images.
I like the "sulfur sea.jpg" the most.
Wish i was so brave as you on the colour choices by the way.

bobbystahr

Interesting al but I really like the way the sulfer seems to be dissolving into the water in sulfur shore.jpg
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Martin

Quote from: Kadri on August 27, 2017, 04:17:56 PM

Nice images.
I like the "sulfur sea.jpg" the most.
Wish i was so brave as you on the colour choices by the way.

Almost didn't post that one, looked too much like a basic terragen render. Nothing special But it seems it's not that bad:)

I looked at some volcanic lake photos for reference. I like those colourful toxic patches of minerals and algea.