Martin's landscapes

Started by Martin, July 31, 2017, 01:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

So I made that alien structure bigger. Then bigger. Then even bigger.

Martin

Planetary ring, retro style

Martin

More planetary ring and giant alien structure renders.:)

Martin

I realised that the orbital ring is kind of low poly upclose, so I remade the whole panelling. Added solar panels, details, new textures etc.

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Martin

The new renders are not finished yet, but here's some from two days ago with the old model.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Martin on December 10, 2017, 02:30:07 AM
The new renders are not finished yet, but here's some from two days ago with the old model.

Very cool stuff....you may also be interested in cyphyr's experiments with Ring Worlds...a bit of a different approach but wild as well it's Reply#4 in this thread;
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,13517.msg133229.html#msg133229
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Martin

Quote from: bobbystahr on December 10, 2017, 12:52:18 PM
Quote from: Martin on December 10, 2017, 02:30:07 AM

Very cool stuff....you may also be interested in cyphyr's experiments with Ring Worlds...a bit of a different approach but wild as well it's Reply#4 in this thread;
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,13517.msg133229.html#msg133229
Ah ringworld with the internal terragen nodenetwork. Interesting.Might be a good idea to think about making a proper Arthur C. Clark type of ringworld with fields and forests.

I've been
experimenting with different main stars and compositions.

Martin

Surprise ! More rocks. :)
Unfortunately I caught the flu earlier this month and I'm still sick.(caught a cold as well while my immune system was still week eh)
But at least I managed to play a bit in terragen.

bobbystahr

Sorry to hear that, it's going around though and I don't socialize much so haven't caught it....yet. I like the top render the best personally but they're all very interesting.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Hope you kick that soon! Never a good time.
I prefer the third one, but all are again awesome. Tricky clouds. :)

Martin

I'm converting the existing renders to jpeg so I can post them here. I have a few dozen new:)

Oshyan

Sorry to hear you got sick, but awesome renders as ever! Especially great rock formations and texture.

- Oshyan