card object

Started by Lady of the Lake, August 05, 2017, 09:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady of the Lake

What is the secret to the Card Object?  All I can get is a black square....I have an image put in the surface shader place.  I have rotated it/etc and still get a black square.  Help, please.

Dune

Surface shader place? This should work.

bobbystahr

Try loading a billboard image from one of the free XFROG plants, I tried the African Boxwood. They're .tif images with ALPHA channels
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Lady of the Lake

Well, as far as I can tell, what you say to do is what I have done.   I will keep messing with it.  Thanks.

Lady of the Lake

Got it.  I was putting my image map on a color shader instead of a surface shader within the surface shaders tab.  Thanks again.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Lady of the Lake on August 06, 2017, 10:46:04 AM
Got it.  I was putting my image map on a color shader instead of a surface shader within the surface shaders tab.  Thanks again.

It works well right on the Default shader that comes with the card as well as a Surface layer, or were you just mis-calling the Default shader a surface shader
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Lady of the Lake

Just me trying to make it more difficult than it should be.  I was putting a surface layer on the card...now I have used the default.  Thanks.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Lady of the Lake on August 07, 2017, 07:56:25 PM
Just me trying to make it more difficult than it should be.  I was putting a surface layer on the card...now I have used the default.  Thanks.

happy I could help.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New