Atmosphere layers not displaying

Started by dhenry2112, August 10, 2017, 03:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhenry2112

After updating to 4.1, when I click on my atmosphere tab and then select a cloud layer to edit, the layer list disappears entirely and there is no way to navigate back to the layers list. As far as I can tell, its broken and the only way to edit all your atmosphere layers is to edit one, save, restart terragen, edit the next, repeat. Am I missing something here or is this a known issue?

dhenry2112

I had to revert back to 4.0 to get around this.

dhenry2112

Update:
Works fine on my desktop at home with a 1920 x 1080 display.
On my laptop however, with a 1366 x 780 display, in terragen 4 original release, when I go to atmospheres tab and select a cloud layer, my list becomes really tiny at the top but is still accessible. However upon updating to 4.1, the cloud layers list disappears altogether.

I'm guessing this simply has to do with new sections being added to the cloud layer options and it's just simply not playing well with a smaller resolution screen.
The simple workaround of course is to just access my atmosphere layer parameters through the node editor, bringing up a standalone window.
The Add new layer button still remains accessible.

Its not a horrible issue, but annoying for trying to work on my projects on my laptop while at work or away from home. (Yes my laptop can run TG quite well hehe)

Oshyan

Though I think the UI could handle such issues better, in general I think this may simply be a case of a change in viable minimum resolution, which is reasonable given the progress of technology and minum specs for TG in general. We now recommend a minimum of 8GB of RAM, and similarly may have to recommend 1600x1200+ for resolution.

- Oshyan

dhenry2112

Well thats a bummer. While I don't do heavy renders on my laptop, I do use it a lot for working on Terragen while away from home.
It does have 24gb memory but the screen resolution is only 1366 x 768 :(