bobbystahr

Playing around with some fairly decent game derived I think models. C&C welcome
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Nice lighting effects. Just build it up some more with more veggies, some shrub along the shore here and there, maybe some big rocks along shore as well. Water is going really fast, so it seems, so maybe some foam?

mhaze

Nice mood and lighting, you've placed the models very convincingly.  Some more rocks and veggie would indeed add to the sense of place.

bobbystahr

Thanks mhaze & Dune...I will try but am having computer RAM problems where I can only work or add more stuff with all current stuff hidden...will give it a go though.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Man oh man is this frustrating. I can't keep any pop dispersal more than a couple of test renders without the Yew tree sticking it's reference copy in the middle of my bridge at 0, 0, 0....moist annoying...
rant over
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on August 20, 2017, 02:41:08 AM
Just move the whole lot 100m East.

gotta stop composing my scenes at o, o, o   that's the problem but I keep forgetting
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Well I added stuff and the water wouldn't cooperate/didn't like what I was getting, so I went with what I'd been contemplating....wizardly fog creeping off the river. Fixed the road as well.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Water is nice now! Keep that. But reduce the bright lights again and add a lot of shrub (or statue, or pile of rocks....) on foreground to make the empty space more interesting.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on August 20, 2017, 03:28:42 AM
Water is nice now! Keep that. But reduce the bright lights again and add a lot of shrub (or statue, or pile of rocks....) on foreground to make the empty space more interesting.

I have some crofters type huts I was considering . A group of 3 that I was considering as well from the same collection. As render times are increasing i suspect it's the work I'm throwing at the computer cuz every render has gone up in time by an hour...
I'd also considered a fountain but the context was wrong
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Did all that stuff and here it is...not quite high AA but doesn't seem to need 11...C&C welcome
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Nice. Well, perhaps some shrub around the little houses... to make it less 'clean'.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on August 21, 2017, 11:21:24 AM
Nice. Well, perhaps some shrub around the little houses... to make it less 'clean'.

Thanks Ulco...looking for some ancient trash to scatter...I have newspapers and tin cans; but they didn't..but bushes are an option. Would like a  medieval/fantasy character or 3 in  sitting positions to plop down on the benches and it seems to have gotten much darker so maybe a bit of GI is called for as well. the hut paths could use some work as well,,,I just dropped hannes' concrete on it meaning to tweak and forgot with the light adjustments.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Great setup!
I have been waiting to comment to see if you solved the memory issue. Doing a great job with this, understanding having to disable things sometimes to preview and then, oops....did I go back and enable that again? You always do such a great job with lighting.