Neb test - per Sirenko

Started by fleetwood, August 18, 2017, 07:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleetwood

Had to try Denis nebula method. Big Thanks for sharing it.
Put in a luminous procedural starfield on the background object (ortho camera required very tiny fractal stars as opposed to the large size needed for a perspective camera starfield) and testing a faint added overall space dust cloud.

This must be the Alien nebula because:
Note the accidental little grey alien standing in the circular structure in the upper right (well he's not grey but has a blue head, out stretched arms, one orange hand and an orange belly...at least I see him- maybe looking at too many renders)

fleetwood

Another...doing these is addictive. Contrast level adjusted, otherwise as rendered.
They are like Rorschach tests, can see most anything in the patterns after a while. I see faces, a unicorn, and the Millenium Falcon.
No wait, that is the Millenium Falcon. Model by Andy Crook and David Angelini.

Oshyan

Oh wow, awesome colors in these, especially that second one!

- Oshyan

Denis Sirenko

Good light and a pleasant color scheme on nebtest-11.jpg!

Quote from: fleetwood on August 18, 2017, 07:27:00 PM
ortho camera required very tiny fractal stars as opposed to the large size needed for a perspective camera starfield

The orthocamera is an optional. You can turn on the usual camera. But, it may be necessary to move clouds or a camera or both.

Quote from: fleetwood on August 19, 2017, 10:11:43 PM
They are like Rorschach tests, can see most anything in the patterns after a while. I see faces, a unicorn, and the Millenium Falcon.
No wait, that is the Millenium Falcon. Model by Andy Crook and David Angelini.

Not so long ago I accidentally rendered my version of the Horsehead Nebula:

[attachimg=1]

Kadri

Quote from: Denis Sirenko on September 07, 2017, 10:51:36 AM
Not so long ago I accidentally rendered my version of the Horsehead Nebula:

Looks close :)

fleetwood

Thanks for comments.

The final density input of cloud nodes accepts color information so you can use any arrangement of power fractals, functions etc to produce color variations throughout the clouds. Feeding in un-clamped colors causes the negative ( complementary ) hues to appear in the negative trending areas, thus the pinks appearing in the blue-greens, or any other opposite pairs going around the color wheel.