Started by Kadri, August 19, 2017, 04:55:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

I was looking for somewhere to put a forest .... ;D

Kadri

3 different versions of my last render.

DocCharly65

Cool!

I could not decide which planet "design" I like most but the stars give the whole picture that certain something! I think it could look great in the other versions too. :)

Dune

Wrong section, Kadri! Stars definitely are a nice addition, I like v3.

Kadri

Thanks guys.
The final version in the other thread does have stars too actually. On the left side at least.
The image was more like that there is an atmosphere-planet close on the right side and the stars are seen only more to the left.
But i could maybe have ditched that idea altogether and used the stars all around as it is already not realistic.

mhaze

Here's a couple.

SILENCER

I was attempting to capture some of the vibe of the Enterprise-A in the Mutara Sector from Wrath of Khan. It's obviously very saturated...but so was the film. I had some other angles but I must have zapped them. I'd re-do the nebula in TFD (or maybe even an element in terragen) these days and render it and the boat in Octane.

Second are tests when I was putting together the Firefly 15th Anniversary video from a year or two back. There's tons of that stuff.

Kadri

Nice renders.
Especially the Firefly renders look like ready to use.

mhall

Quote from: SILENCER on February 26, 2020, 09:57:25 AMI was attempting to capture some of the vibe of the Enterprise-A in the Mutara Sector from Wrath of Khan.
Wow, that first image looks really nice! Back when I was not just a lurker and actively created in 3D, the Enterprise introduced in the films was something I wanted to model. I tried, but never got my modeling skills up to what it took.

And just to be a total Trek geek, technically, the A was not in the Mutara nebula. That was the NCC 1701, which was self destructed in The Search for Spock. The NCC 1701-A was gifted to the crew at the end of The Voyage Home. ;D

DocCharly65

Quote from: Kadri on February 26, 2020, 11:09:17 AMNice renders.
Especially the Firefly renders look like ready to use.
Echo! Great Textures!

SILENCER

You're right about the A designation.,  In the shop we always referred to the refit as the A. Same model, different ILM paint job.
I was lucky enough to examine the original model, the 8 footer or however large it was, back when we had the job at Foundation Imaging of doing the FX for the Director's Cut of Star Trek: The Motion Picture. It's an astounding piece of physical modeling. I believe it had the A designation on the saucer by that time. I was on another show when that job came through. I asked to be switched over.  No dice, not senior enough at the time. I was bummed about that.

As for the Firefly textures, that is the model we used on the TV show, not the film, which was done by Pierre Droulet. The LW model, which was repainted for the movie with enormous UVs that caused all kinds of grief for Lightwave at the time, is buried Lord knows where in Zoic's archive. So this was the only one readily available. Doesn't look too bad considering it's from 2002 or whatever.

Kadri

Quote from: SILENCER on February 27, 2020, 10:51:41 AM...
I was lucky enough to examine the original model, the 8 footer or however large it was.
Ahh i would love to see that. One of my first physical models i build when i was a kid was from UFO and Star Trek in the early 70'ies.

WAS

Quote from: SILENCER on February 26, 2020, 09:57:25 AMSecond are tests when I was putting together the Firefly 15th Anniversary video from a year or two back. There's tons of that stuff.

People got mad at me that I was sharing new footage of a new spin off and didn't read. xD

mhall

Quote from: SILENCER on February 27, 2020, 10:51:41 AMI was lucky enough to examine the original model, the 8 footer or however large it was, back when we had the job at Foundation Imaging of doing the FX for the Director's Cut of Star Trek: The Motion Picture.
Wow - that's awesome. One of my favorite scenes in all of the films is that long shot in the first movie when the Enterprise first leaves space dock. Would love to see that model.