Bubbles on the water

Started by N-drju, August 24, 2017, 04:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

Is there any easy or relatively easy way to modify power fractal so it has a "bubbly" look?

I would like to do wakes on my water shader so I need this effect of "perturbed" water like when a ship is cutting through the surface.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Hetzen

Voronoi Billows flavour of noise in a PF should get you close.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hetzen on August 24, 2017, 06:24:24 AM
Voronoi Billows flavour of noise in a PF should get you close.

yes and set all sizes the same for round spheres.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

N-drju

Hm, okay, before I try bobby's solution there is a problem that I would like to solve first. It will probably affect all settings so let's get that out of our way first.

When I apply color function and density function I am getting a strange, bright blob around the area that should be affected. Why is that so? It appears both in preview and render as well.

[attach=1]
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

Didn't you paint that white blob?

N-drju

Of course not. ;) I used painted shader but only to mask the "stir" area behind the person. The painted shader area is shown in this amended picture.

[attach=1]

The blob's visibility increases along with volume density and volume color. I can reduce them but then I also loose visibility of the bubble fractal itslef. They are connected somehow.

bobbystahr

Quote from: N-drju on August 25, 2017, 04:19:03 AM
Of course not. ;) I used painted shader but only to mask the "stir" area behind the person. The painted shader area is shown in this amended picture.

[attach=1]

The blob's visibility increases along with volume density and volume color. I can reduce them but then I also loose visibility of the bubble fractal itslef. They are connected somehow.

If you want the bubbles in the water I would try running it through the painted shader or vice versa, or blending them with a merge shader and run all that through the Volume channel...never tried this but it seems rational at first coffee....and leave the co;our default for starters. Could you post a render of what's actually happening as a .tgd wouldn't be usable without the objects.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

I don't understand it anymore, because now I recognize the white blob as the person object. So where is the white blob? TGD or closeup would be good indeed.

René

Maybe this will get you on the right track.

bobbystahr

good  share René...that oughta do it
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

KlausK

Thanks for the example files.
BTW: this is something that the RTP Preview cannot handle, right?
Does it look this way (see attachment) for everyone?
Cheers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

bobbystahr

Quote from: KlausK on August 27, 2017, 04:29:46 PM
Thanks for the example files.
BTW: this is something that the RTP Preview cannot handle, right?
Does it look this way (see attachment) for everyone?
Cheers, Klaus

yup, transparency isn't working in RTP
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

N-drju

@ René - That's a very good file indeed. Stirs the water up real good.

@ Dune - Ok, let's break it down a bit. :D See yet another image. Take note however that the matter is, kind of, no longer relevant.

[attach=1]

N-drju

Maybe he just peed in the water. :D

Dune

Ah, that's what you mean. Maybe just a hard reflection spot? Luckily you solved it.