Some clouds

Started by luvsmuzik, August 28, 2017, 10:40:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

Just messing around :)

Lady of the Lake

I like the second one best also.

Dune

Nice ones, indeed second one is the best. Now with some smooth reflection it would be really cool.

inkydigit

No. 2 looks awesome, add some wind patch effect on the water, make it less noisy,
It'll be a winner!
Lovely stuff!
:)

luvsmuzik

Thanks all!
That pretty render took almost 4 hours, not bad with water too.
I think I had the voxel count at 80-90 range.
TG4.1.1 free (or the latest update)
One cloud layer.

This is just a painterly look at it. I will probably smooth out the water and render over with some adjustments.

masonspappy

So, for whatever personal reasons, I really like # 2 (of the first two images you posted).
Very nice! 

bobbystahr

I'd re do # 2 but turn off the water's reflectivity and add a Reflective shader after the water with Reflection softness at 0.0001-3, that range gives good effect with hardly any rendering hit...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Thanks masonspappy and bobby!

Will redo with new settings, but tried another one in the mean time.
I do not like how the haze clings to cloud edges....will work on this...

Dune

I like the way the clouds light up yellowish. It's almost a romantic painter's sky. Nice thick forest would be great under it, and a stream.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on August 31, 2017, 01:49:59 AM
I like the way the clouds light up yellowish. It's almost a romantic painter's sky. Nice thick forest would be great under it, and a stream.

Agree, replace the lake with a forest with a stream running through it and you've got a winner.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Okay, I did it. Now 16Gig. As soon as I can transfer object and about a million tgd files.....

2 cloud layers and Walli's pine population. 29 minute render as opposed to 6-12 hours. Waiting for lic file to go BIG.

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on January 22, 2018, 08:03:20 PM
Okay, I did it. Now 16Gig. As soon as I can transfer object and about a million tgd files.....

2 cloud layers and Walli's pine population. 29 minute render as opposed to 6-12 hours. Waiting for lic file to go BIG.

Woo Hoo
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

N-drju

Good job luvs. I like the second image (in your first post) and the last one (overall in the thread) best. :D Really nice shapes you got there.

The "silver lining" picture could be less grainy though. Increasing atmo samples could do.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

luvsmuzik

Some more clouds micro 0.8 AA 8
Gamma 1.8 but still a little strong sunlight?